Hollywood Cowboy or Hearts of the West

De
DenVogel

Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:34 pm Post

I was taken with the quote listed in the description for this forum.
"Anyone can say he's a writer. But when someone else says you're a writer, then you're a writer." So says the old geezer to Jeff Bridges in Hollywood Cowboy.
So I thought I'd add the movie to my Netflix queue. Alas I couldn't find it. A few minutes with my good friend IMDB.com and I located one called Hearts of the West. Is this the same movie? Maybe it had a different title for the UK release? Thanks.

PS - I am not a writer. :(

vic-k
Platform: Mac + Windows
Location: Protesting in the nude, outside ex Red Lion TESCO Store

Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:21 pm Post

As a professional, you, are your one and only asset. Without integrity you are worthless, but with it, you are priceless.

AmberV
Platform: Mac + Linux

Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:27 pm Post

You can't be a hipster unless someone calls you one, too. And then you must violently deny it.
.:.
Ioa Petra'ka
“Whole sight, or all the rest is desolation.” —John Fowles

xiamenese
Platform: Mac

Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:13 pm Post

AmberV wrote:You can't be a hipster unless someone calls you one, too. And then you must violently deny it.

Warning! Off-topic:

Ioa, you've added for me the final touch to the growing answer to the-oft asked question of why I am so much at home in Xiamen. I don't want to have to fit into label, pigeon-hole, whatever ... a hipster, a writer, a goth, a this, a that, upper middle-class, middle-middle class, whatever … I just want to be me. Xiamen allows me that … except that a rumour did start on the other campus of the university (where I used to have to do some teaching) from where it spread to the main campus, from where it began to spread into the city itself, that I am a member of the British aristocracy. Nothing could be further from the truth, and I'm glad to say it seems to have died.

All I want to be is a person; and living in a community in which I am no longer even thought of as a foreigner, let alone any finer classification is so comfortable.

Mark
The Scrivenato sometimes known as Mr X.
iMac 27" (late 2015) 10.15.6, 24GB RAM, 512GB SSID
MBP17" (late 2011) 10.13.6, 16GB RAM, 2TB SSID
2017 iPad, iPadOS 14, 128GB, Apple Pencil
Scrivener, Scapple, Nisus Writer Pro, Bookends …