Another Scrivener-created novel ...

ch
charlie.stross
Platform: Mac

Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:37 pm Post

Just thought I'd mention that my next book, "Rule 34", was written more or less entirely in Scrivener. Without which it probably wouldn't have been possible because there are some, ahem, complicated intertwined plot threads ...

Due out July 6th from Ace (in the USA) and Orbit (in the UK and commonwealth).

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Rule-Halting-State-Charles-Stross/dp/0441020348/, in case you were curious. (Flagged as unavailable 'coz it's not published yet. Link to amazon.co.uk for an American book cover because amazon.com is sulking right now.)

AmberV
Platform: Mac + Linux

Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:43 pm Post

Nice, thanks for the update on the new book. In the US Amazon store it comes up as "Rule 34 (Halting State)" Same universe as the prior work?
.:.
Ioa Petra'ka
“Whole sight, or all the rest is desolation.” —John Fowles

KB
Site Admin

Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:05 pm Post

Great! Thanks for letting us know, and great to hear that Scrivener came in useful during writing this one. Shame it's not possible to pre-order it from Amazon.co.uk just yet, but I've made a note to myself to order it when it's available.

Nice title, by the way!

All the best,
Keith
"You can't waltz in here, use my toaster, and start spouting universal truths without qualification."

ch
charlie.stross

Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:22 pm Post

AmberV wrote:Nice, thanks for the update on the new book. In the US Amazon store it comes up as "Rule 34 (Halting State)" Same universe as the prior work?

Yup, it's a (distant) sequel.

Orbit will be publishing it in the UK, Ace in the USA -- Amazon are, as usual, screwy this far ahead of publication (it's four months out).