Scrivener 2.0... It's here.

AmberV
Platform: Mac + Linux

Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:28 am Post

alexwein wrote:I also took a peek at the video tutorials. I really wanted to see videos of you, Keith, and Ioa and the gang. LOL. But I guess I'll have to settle for video of Scrivener.

Oh, we're around. You just have to poke at things a little bit. ;)

Nice to see you around again.
.:.
Ioa Petra'ka
“Whole sight, or all the rest is desolation.” —John Fowles

bargonzo
Platform: Mac + Windows

Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:58 am Post

"how do i find what appears to have vanished?"

I can't answer your other questions, but if you go to Spotlight and search for ".scriv" (without the quotation marks, of course), you should be able to locate all your previously saved files.

Ed
Eddy
Platform: Mac

Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:06 am Post

Mollys Mum said:

"YIPPEE!!!
I just upgraded. I have my receipt and I have NO idea what to do now. Do I open my old Scriv and then do something? Will it upgrade automatically? I really am clueless and my mind has been clouded with shock over my crazy family situation recently. Could some kind soul do a step 1,2,3 for us establshed Scrivenites about how to get this up and running?"

1. Download it from here: http://scrivener.s3.amazonaws.com/Scrivener.dmg
2. Install it in the usual way (double click to mount and open the DMG file, drag Scriv to Applications)
3. Run it, enter your sparkling new credentials, sit back and feel all warm inside

Good to see you smiling ;)

Eddy

Pl
Plette

Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:40 am Post

I can't recall ever before being this excited about the release of a software program. Scrivener is a pleasure to work with and I have already been pleasantly surprised, several times, at the cleverness and utility of new 2.0 features.

I was happy to pay for the upgrade (how much more I would have been willing to pay is a thought that makes me feel quite financially irresponsible) and I hope that the new attention this version is sure to bring to the program does not overwork the Scrivener team.

da
dagaz

Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:25 am Post

It was a pleasure to upgrade to version 2 today. Well done Keith and the team.

Pe
PeterA

Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:05 am Post

Sooo 'me too' of me, but just wanted to say upgrading was a snitch and I like the new version.
Well done all. Rock on.
Cheers, Peter

St
Straffa

Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:12 am Post

Interesting problem when trying to buy the upgrade. I got this message: 'Literature & Latte does not sell Scrivener 2.0 for Mac OS X (Regular Licence) to your country'. Working in one of the Axis of Evil member states, Syria, I'm obviously a victim of the American sanctions. I solved it by using my 'Great Firewall of China is Turned into a Paper Tiger' software which was designed to defeat censorship. Of course, Literature & Latte should really think about using an alternative to Esellerate as this prohibition will strongly affect their sales in North Korea and Sudan:-)

ce
cecelia

Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:25 am Post

I just downloaded and installed it on my Mac without bothering to try it first, because I know I'll love it.
I chose to install over version 1.x. When I opened Scriv2 it updated my existing files.
Everything works perfectly.
Must go to sleep, but tomorrow I plan to watch the videos and enjoy your creation.
Thanks for all your hard work!

johnz

Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:52 am Post

Hi Keith, Ioa, David, all the Crew

thanks, many many thanks!

just a simple short-short-story with a very close deadline, but my-downloaded-and-already-upgraded-registered copy of S 2.0 is already on the road, running...

Complimenti, siete grandi!!!!
Giovanni

po
poptart

Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:58 am Post

Hi
Sorry if this is a dumb question but I'm not very clued up on these things.

If I buy the upgrade does it replace the version already on my computer or do I need to transfer all my files across manually? I'm in the middle of Nanowrimo and don't want to have to faff about with computer problems at the moment, so if it instals version 2.0 separately I'd be best leaving it till next month.

Thanks, Sandra

igregor
Platform: Mac + iOS

Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:56 am Post

I finally located the email address I used when I purchased Scrivener a couple years ago. When I entered it onto the page used to screen registered users from the unwashed masses, I was granted access to the holy page to purchase 2.0 upgrade. All looked fine -- the order form included the coupon for $20 discount.

However, once I updated the email address on the order form (address used for original purchase is no longer functional) and clicked checkout, the discount disappeared. Now, I am unable to clear the system to return to an order page that includes the discount.

Help please. I have sent an email to David as advised in your post, and suspect I'm in his queue, somewhere. I know things are crazy at your end, but I'd sure like to join the party...

Thanks.

Wock

Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:48 pm Post

The inhouse code name for the 2.0 build should have been

SEXY

Because it is beautiful!

Great Job Keith & evil robot company. You guys did a fantastic job!

Mollys Mum

Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:12 pm Post

LOVE IT. Everything went well. My files updated fine. I have one question:

How do I get my colours back?

I'm trying to recall--I think I had it set up in preferences, a certain tan colour for my background text, certain colours for full screen, whenever I created a new project. They seem to have vanished. Is there any way to retrieve them, because God forbid I should remember the settings....

(Of course I had the new scriv overwrite the old default template settings...was this where I had put my colour preferences? Ooops.)

Mollys Mum

Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:21 pm Post

It's okay - I'm fiddling with it. But my God, I LOVE this. It's beautiful. I'm off to watch the tutorials as there is SO MUCH NEW. Revision colours!! Keith, you have outdone all our expectations! Life is good. :-)))

Ke
Kendric

Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:33 pm Post

I'm FURIOUS!

I paid my upgrade fee and this thing STILL doesn't make espresso. It's supposed to be Literature AND LATTE, damn it! What am I supposed to do with all this frothed milk now?

:)

I took a leap of faith and paid for the upgrade without checking 2.0 out first. With Scriv 1.0 as a baseline I expect I'll be happy with the choice to do it. I still haven't had anywhere near enough time to do a thorough run through, but what I've seen so far looks good.