Scrivener 2.0 - Coming Soon (No, Really)

Cadence
Platform: Mac + Windows

Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:45 pm Post

[quote="KB"]An introductory video (mainly aimed at new users, but it does show 2.0 in action)[/quote]
I watched it and now I have to know what happened to Emma, Leon and the giant squid.

[quote="naquada"]new and proud daddy (to be)...![/quote]
Yay! Good luck! :D

MimeticMouton

Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:09 pm Post

[quote="Cadence"]I watched it and now I have to know what happened to Emma, Leon and the giant squid.[/quote]

She masterfully took it out with only a hairpin! Didn't you see? ;) And then they went on to murder poor Charlie.

KB
Site Admin
Platform: Mac

Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:29 am Post

Er, yeah, it started out as such a faithful reproduction of Madame Bovary, but something in my love for Emma Bovary meant that I couldn't help giving her an Uzi and a giant squid to face off against (even thought it started off with her just having a hairpin). I think I need to write in to the publishers who wrote Pride and Prejudice and Zombies...
"You can't waltz in here, use my toaster, and start spouting universal truths without qualification."

ep
epo

Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:56 am Post

[quote="KB"]Official release date is now November 1st. We'll be releasing a public preview on Monday 25th October, though, so you'll be able to download and use it then.[/quote]
You should NEVER announce concrete dates to an audience of avid fans. But seeing as you did ... (looks at calendar pointedly.)

Sa
SaleemV

Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:53 am Post

Yeah, no kidding. Where is it?! ;) Looking forward to the update.

S.

he
heyes

Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:57 am Post

At least give the team a chance to get up, get out of bed, and drag a comb across it's collective head. Sheesh.

Cadence

Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:46 am Post

[quote="epo"]You should NEVER announce concrete dates to an audience of avid fans. But seeing as you did ... (looks at calendar pointedly.)[/quote]

LOL.
The Scriv Team is kinda scattered across the UK, USA and Oz.
So, ya know, there's this minor time zone issue... :D

~Cady

na
naquada

Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:00 pm Post

[quote="Cadence"]
The Scriv Team is kinda scattered across the UK, USA and Oz.
So, ya know, there's this minor time zone issue... :D

~Cady[/quote]

yup I'm in the UK and I can clarify that I have only just got going... shower.. tea... Mac Powered up... YAWN...

so much as I'd like to see 2.0 out and about for download... give them time.... or tea.... ;)

MN
MNWriter

Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:23 pm Post

OK ... now I know I am addicted to Scrivener. I've been checking your site regularly for news on 2.0 for over a month now, and I was excited to see an actual date ... yeah 10/25! So, living in the Central Time zone of the US, I checked before I went to bed (alas ... no luck) only have dreams all night about the 2.0 upgrade.

Thanks for making writing easier for us Scrivener team. I finished writing my 100,000 word thriller novel using Scrivener 2 weeks ago, and I can't wait to edit using some of the new features of 2.0, and epub/mobi exports options will be amazing as I distribute my novel to some people for reviews and editing. I can't wait!

I hope your servers are ready for quite the avalanche of hits today!

Bruce

Pe
PedroFromAus

Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:24 pm Post

It's already the 26th here in Aus. ;-)

he
heyes

Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:29 pm Post

When Scrivener 2.0 actually launches the whole internet is going to crash as its fans download it.

monkquixote

Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:34 pm Post

Look. They can't release 2.0 because then I run out of excuses as to why I haven't finished writing draft 2 or editing draft 1 - depending on your view of time and attitude to changes of narrative viewpoint as either drafts of the same thing, or a new version of something similar/familiar.

And my freelance work is going to go belly up when this thing arrives. Ugh. Willpower, how feeble thou art.

vic-k
Location: Protesting in the nude, outside ex Red Lion TESCO Store

Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:53 pm Post

[quote="PedroFromAus"]It's already the 26th here in Aus. ;-)[/quote]

Tough titty!!

be
bewaex

Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:25 pm Post

I am also really looking forward to new version of THE tool to write, too. I checked the page in a European Time Zone quite a few times today. Here you have 6 h 3x min left to make it on the 25. October.
However many thanks in advance! Scrivener already made working on my dissertation so much easier!
Best
Chris

za
zaramu

Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:41 pm Post

Bring it on! The updates look awesome.

I was on the verge of buying Storyist (fortunately I procrastinated because I use Scrivener for everything and didn't want two different writing software) but Scrivener 2.0 will bring all of the things I was needing.

So much for being a writing machine today -- I'll be watching for the release notification :-)