The status of the next update and 2.0

Sa
Sam
Platform: Mac

Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:59 am Post

I suppose not. But do us all a favor and remind yourself next week not to forget what you've written just now because I plan on commenting on it.

Br
Broken Thought
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS

Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:16 am Post

[quote="KB"]Dammit, you expect me to remember what I wrote [i]last week[/i]?[/quote]

Sorry, I know it's out of context, but sounds so much like me.

I remember I downloaded Scrivener and hated it at first, but then I did the tutorial, and watched the video tutorial on the website, and it started to grow on me. The compile drafts is what threw me for a loop. I was trying to format in Scrivener and it just wasn't working. It wasn't until I discovered the compile drafts, that I learned that I didn't even need to mess with things like fonts or spacing until I was ready to print or export. So now I can type in what ever font suits my fancy. I use it every day now and love it. I can't say that Scrivener is why I switched to a Mac, but it is one of the main reasons I'm not going back.

I'm so looking forward to 2.0.

Best Wishes,
Broken Thought

Sc
Scylax

Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:41 am Post

I don't see that you have any need to worry about this (unless of course the economy totally collapses and no one can afford food!). I bought the full version this morning, and I decided to pay the normal price rather than apply for the education discount, because it's worth every penny. I shall look forward to all future upgrades very much indeed!

sh
shamey

Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:36 pm Post

Err...have I missed something lately?

Can you give an update of the update on V2 release?

I am adding you to twitter now- maybe the answer is there.

dr
druid
Platform: Mac, Win + Linux

Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:55 pm Post

shamey,

this thread has been active since Dec 31, 2008.
If you read through it, you will be fully up to date.

d

KB
Site Admin

Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:43 pm Post

There is no real news - I am still expecting to release it late this year or January next. It is coming along very nicely but there is still much to do.
All the best,
Keith

fldsfslmn

Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:07 am Post

Is there any rolling features/feature re-writes information?

di
diggertoo

Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:22 am Post

Scrivener was the second program I got when I switched to the Mac (Quicksilver was #1). I still use it every day and it's one of the few programs where I go back through the tutorials and help info. from time to time trying to learn more about the program. There are a whole lot of programs I can live without, Scrivener ain't one of them. I'll gladly pay for the upgrade and the hard work that goes into it.

tp
tpf1952

Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:17 pm Post

I enthusiastically agree with "diggertoo." I'm happy to wait and pay for Scrivener updates. No other program comes close to the features of Scrivener to meeting my needs.

Tom

me
megob

Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:25 am Post

+1
Keith, expect me to pay for 2.0 as well, if there will be an option to make money flow.

keep up this brilliant work!

KB
Site Admin

Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:03 pm Post

Thanks for all the support so far.

A quick update on the status of 2.0. I have just been through everything left to do and allocated a rough time frame. It's approximate, but there is still a lot to do to make 2.0 the refined tool I intend (even though it is already, as it stands, a big leap over 1.x), and judging by the remaining work, I would say to expect a release some time around May-June 2010 (which is much later than I originally "guesstimated", I know). There's about seven months' worth of work remaining from this point on, and there is a Help file to write etc too, of course.

All the best,
Keith

pe
pejo

Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:55 pm Post

Keith,

we appreciate your hard work on making 2.0 the best release ever. Considering that it already is a big leap over 1.x, would you please consider cutting some features you have on your list and make a 2.0 release earlier? The list of remaining features could then be put in 3.0, which would be an even greater release.

KB
Site Admin

Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:49 pm Post

I'm afraid not. :) It's not really that simple. A lot of the features are interlinked, and a lot of what is remaining is not just new features but finishing off and polishing ones that have already been mostly coded, and then there is a new help file and website to build around 2.0.
Thanks and all the best,
Keith

da
davidbrewster

Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:15 am Post

While deeply embedded in a ghostwriting (non-fiction book) assignment, I have to say that I have no idea how I would have done it without Scrivener. The current version - which I only bought a few months ago - has been one of the most valuable investments I've made since switching to the Mac four years ago.

I look forward to Version 2, but will continue to rave about Scrivener as it is to all and sundry in the meantime. And I'll be more than happy to pay for Version 2 all over again when it gets here.

Keep up the good work Keith!

David

PS Was hoping to use Scrivener for NaNoWriMo but it seems work is going to preclude that. I might still try and get something done for the fun of it. Scrivener will be the tool I use!

KB
Site Admin

Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:25 pm Post

Thanks David, much appreciated!
All the best,
Keith