Scrivener 2.6 is now available to users who bought from us direct (or from one of our resellers such as Amazon.com). It was also submitted to the Mac App Store for review last week, but at this time is still waiting to go into review. We hope it will be available there very soon. Scrivener 2.6 is a free update for all registered users of Scrivener 2, and we recommend that you update from whatever version of Scrivener you are using. Updates and fixes include:
- Yosemite-ready: various UI tweaks and fixes for Yosemite compatibility.
- Added option to Import/Export Preferences to determine whether Scrivener should use the bundled version of Java or the one installed on the system for converting Word and OpenOffice documents (to work around rare Java-based issues).
- Root folders (Draft, Research and Trash) are no longer ever returned in search results (which could result in odd behaviour).
- URLs dragged and dropped into the binder now use the file name for the linked text rather than the file URL.
- Many other refinements and bug-fixes.
You can find a full list of changes here:
To download Scrivener 2.6, follow the instructions below - please note that the instructions differ depending on whether you bought Scrivener directly from us or from the Mac App Store. If you have any problems, please don't hesitate to e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance.
#### 1. UPDATING TO 2.6 FOR THOSE WHO BOUGHT DIRECTLY FROM US ####
To download Scrivener 2.6, either:
• Select "Check for Updates" from the "Scrivener" menu within Scrivener itself and follow the on-screen instructions;
• Go to http://www.literatureandlatte.com/scriv ... atform=mac and click on "Download for Mac" to download and re-install Scrivener. (Note that 2.6 requires OS X 10.6 or higher - 2.5 is the most recent supported version for older systems.)
If you have already seen the update notification and followed the on-screen instructions to update, you don't need to do anything else.
#### 2. UPDATING TO 2.6 FOR THOSE WHO BOUGHT FROM THE MAC APP STORE ####
Scrivener 2.6 has been submitted to the Mac App Store for review, so should appear on the Mac App Store within the next week or two, depending on the current review waiting times (which vary). So, please keep an eye out for the update in the "Updates" pane of the Mac App Store.
App Store users who do not wish to wait can just download and run Scrivener 2.6 from our site for the time being. As long as you have run Scrivener from the Mac App Store at least once, the version on our site should recognise you as a registered user. (You will need to remove Scrivener from your Applications directory before you can do this, and you may be prompted to enter your admin password to do so.) When the update becomes available on the Mac App Store, you can then just delete our regular version and re-download from the Mac App Store (or you can continue using our regular version, of course).
Thanks and all the best,