Scrivener 2.5 is now available to users who bought from us direct (or from one of our resellers such as Amazon.com). It was also submitted to the Mac App Store for review last week, but at this time is still waiting to go into review. We hope it will be available there very soon. Scrivener 2.5 is a free update for all registered users of Scrivener 2, and we recommend that you update from whatever version of Scrivener you are using. Updates and fixes include:
- Mavericks-ready: many minor changes and updates for 10.9 compatibility, with full support for saving and exporting tags.
- Scrivener's enhanced .doc, .docx and .odt exporters no longer require an external Java installation - everything needed is now built into Scrivener and sandboxed.
- MultiMarkdown is now built into the Mac App Store version as well as the regular version.
- Find and Replace now works in inspector comments and footnotes.
- Project note titles are now affected in Project Replace if "Titles" is ticked.
- The Replacements in Compile can now replace web link targets as well as text.
- When selecting formatting levels in Compile, affected documents are now highlighted in the binder.
- "Treat 'Preserve Formatting' blocks as raw HTML" can now be used for e-books.
- Kindle export no longer ignores differences between justified and left text alignment.
- Changed the way UUIDs are stored in .epub files to meet latest requirements of EpubCheck.
- You can now use strikethrough in PDF files.
- "Lock in Place" is now available even when the header view is hidden.
- Posting to Facebook is now an option in the "Share" contextual menu in text views (10.8+ only).
- Scrivener should no longer switch to the discrete graphics card unnecessarily on dual-GPU machines (10.7+).
- The main interface is now translated into German, French and Spanish (other languages to come).
- Templates chooser view rewritten from scratch with accessibility (VoiceOver) support.
- Many other refinements and bug-fixes - for the full list, please see http://www.literatureandlatte.com/scrivChangeList.php.
You can find a full list of changes here:
To download Scrivener 2.5, follow the instructions below - please note that the instructions differ depending on whether you bought Scrivener directly from us or from the Mac App Store. If you have any problems, please don't hesitate to e-mail us at email@example.com for further assistance.
#### 1. UPDATING TO 2.5 FOR THOSE WHO BOUGHT DIRECTLY FROM US ####
To download Scrivener 2.5, either:
• Select "Check for Updates" from the "Scrivener" menu within Scrivener itself and follow the on-screen instructions;
• Go to http://www.literatureandlatte.com/scriv ... atform=mac and click on "Download for Mac" to download and re-install Scrivener. (If you are on 10.5 or lower, be sure to download the legacy version from the sidebar.)
If you have already seen the update notification and followed the on-screen instructions to update, you don't need to do anything else.
#### 2. UPDATING TO 2.5 FOR THOSE WHO BOUGHT FROM THE MAC APP STORE ####
Scrivener 2.5 has been submitted to the Mac App Store for review, so should appear on the Mac App Store within the next week or two, depending on the current review waiting times (which vary). So, please keep an eye out for the update in the "Updates" pane of the Mac App Store.
App Store users who do not wish to wait can just download and run Scrivener 2.5 from our site for the time being. As long as you have run Scrivener from the Mac App Store at least once, the version on our site should recognise you as a registered user. (You will need to remove Scrivener from your Applications directory before you can do this, and you may be prompted to enter your admin password to do so.) When the update becomes available on the Mac App Store, you can then just delete our regular version and re-download from the Mac App Store (or you can continue using our regular version, of course).
Thanks and all the best,