Scrivener 3.1.2 is now available on our site and will be available on the Mac App Store in the next week or two. Scrivener 3.1.2 is a free and recommended update for all registered users of Scrivener 3. It provides a number of major enhancements and many bug fixes. A full list of changes can be found here:
https://www.literatureandlatte.com/scri ... s?os=macOS
To download Scrivener 3.1.2, follow the instructions below - please note that the instructions differ depending on whether you bought Scrivener directly from us or from the Mac App Store. If you have any problems, please don't hesitate to e-mail us at email@example.com for further assistance.
#### 1. HOW TO UPDATE IF YOU BOUGHT DIRECTLY FROM US ####
- Select "Check for Updates" from the "Scrivener" menu within Scrivener itself and follow the on-screen instructions;
- Go to http://www.literatureandlatte.com/scrivener/download and click on the red "Download" button beneath "macOS" to download and re-install Scrivener.
If you have already seen the update notification and followed the on-screen instructions to update, you don't need to do anything else.
#### 2. HOW TO UPDATE IF YOU BOUGHT FROM THE MAC APP STORE ####
In accordance with our new Mac App Store release policy, we'll be submitting 3.1.2 to the Mac App Store a few days after the release on our site, so as of the time of writing, 3.1.2 is not available there yet. (In brief, we submit to the Mac App Store afterwards because, in the rare event that a nasty bug gets through, it can take weeks to get the bug fix passed on the App Store, whereas we can fix it instantly on our site. We therefore make sure we haven't missed anything before submitting.)
When 3.1.2 becomes available on the Mac App Store (some time in the next couple of weeks):
- Open up the Mac App Store.
- Click on the "Updates" button in the toolbar.
- You should see Scrivener listed with an "UPDATE" button next to it - click on the "UPDATE" button.
Thanks and all the best,