Scrivener for macOS & iOS are currently being localised into several languages and we are looking for testers and proofers to help us make these localisations as great as possible for release. As a beta-tester, you will receive access to a pre-release version of Scrivener in return for reporting any issues with the translations you encounter (and of course, if you find any bugs we’ll be happy to look into those as well). The languages we are looking for feedback on are:
- Chinese (Mandarin)
- Portuguese (Brazilian)
If you’re interested in helping, please make sure you have read and understand the points below before signing up, using the form at the bottom of this page.
- If you spot a problem with a translation, you will need to be able to help us find where the problem lies. Since English is our native language, this means we need these reports to be written in English.
- While we are mainly looking for localisation feedback, this will be a beta. It’s therefore important you understand that there may be bugs lurking that could cause data loss or blow up your computer—you are our guinea pigs! We would appreciate any reports you can provide if you do.
- Please do not sign up if you’re just looking for early access to Scrivener in your language of preference but don’t have time to write up reports.
- Likewise please do not sign up if you do not speak any of the specified languages—there isn’t much point as there will be nothing to test!
- You don’t need to be a techie or to have any previous experience of beta-testing. We need regular users who can put Scrivener through its paces simply by using it a lot. All we ask is that you are careful to back up your work, patient when things go wrong, and willing to spend a bit of time investigating and writing reports.
- We ask that beta testers do not talk about the beta or its features in public yet (“the first rule of Fight Club is…”).
If you’re still willing to be a guinea pig, go ahead and sign up below. Please note that we only have a limited number of spots open, so we won’t be able to accept everyone who applies. Be sure to fill in the “why you would like to beta-test” form to increase your chances if we have too many applicants. (If you don’t get in this time, we may be looking for more testers again later.)
To submit your application for proofing and beta-testing eligibility, please fill in the following form.
Fields marked with an asterisk are required.