Scrivener for iOS is currently in beta-testing, and we are looking for more testers to help us make it as great as possible for release. As a beta-tester, you will receive access to a pre-release version of Scrivener in return for reporting all bugs you encounter.
If you’re interested in helping, please make sure you have read and understand the points below before signing up using the form at the bottom of this page.
- The whole point of a beta is to help us find and fix bugs before the software goes on sale. It’s therefore important you understand that there may be bugs lurking that could cause data loss or blow up your computer—you are our guinea pigs!
- When you encounter a bug, we need you to try to reproduce it and then send us instructions on how to see the bug for ourselves, so that we can fix it.
- Please do not sign up if you’re just looking for early access to Scrivener for iOS but don’t have time to write up bug reports (or if you’re likely to get upset when Bad Things Happen).
- That said, you don’t need to be a techie or to have any previous experience of beta-testing. We need regular users who can put Scrivener through its paces simply by using it a lot. All we ask is that you are careful to back up your work, patient when things go wrong, and willing to spend a bit of time investigating and writing bug reports.
- We ask that beta testers do not talk about the beta or its features in public yet (“the first rule of Fight Club is…”).
If you’re still willing to be a guinea pig, go ahead and sign up below. Please note that we only have a limited number of spots open, so we won’t be able to accept everyone who applies. Be sure to fill in the “why you would like to beta-test” form to increase your chances if we have too many applicants. (If you don’t get in this time, we may be looking for more testers again later.)
To submit your application for beta-testing eligibility, please fill in the following form.
Fields marked with an asterisk are required.