Eleven Years!

dixonge
Platform: Win + iOS

Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:17 pm Post

So I recently ended up with an iPad. It isn't something I planned, but it was part of a live music setup. And then I have this writer's conference I am going to (starting this evening) so I started looking at iOS apps for note-taking, etc. I ended up narrowing things down to Ulysses and Scrivener. I gave Ulysses a test-spin, tried importing some old Scrivener project files after exporting them to rtf. It did not go well. Crashed the app a lot, and so far I haven't heard back from my support request.

As part of my comparison, I tried to compare subscriptions to purchases. I'm not completely opposed to yearly costs if the app is a good benefit. It would appear that I bought my first copy of Scrivener on March 11, 2007. That's eleven years ago!

After adding up all the purchases (upgrades plus Windows and Mac) and throwing in $20 for my pending iOS app purchase, I am spending around $11/year for Scrivener. I haven't used it constantly, writing more in spurts than anything else, but that feels about right as a cost/benefit analysis. Any way, it's nice to have a new version to explore as I hit my next wave of writing. Thanks to Kevin for keeping this thing going!

AmberV
Platform: Mac + Linux

Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:29 pm Post

Thanks for the kind words! Eleven years, it hardly seems to have gone by. But back then we were using Tiger and Leopard. :)
.:.
Ioa Petra'ka
“Whole sight, or all the rest is desolation.” —John Fowles

dixonge
Platform: Win + iOS

Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:38 pm Post

AmberV wrote:Thanks for the kind words! Eleven years, it hardly seems to have gone by. But back then we were using Tiger and Leopard. :)

Shortly after I bought my first Mac I remember standing in line to get my Leopard upgrade. Got a free t-shirt, too! Lol