Eleven Years!

So I recently ended up with an iPad. It isn’t something I planned, but it was part of a live music setup. And then I have this writer’s conference I am going to (starting this evening) so I started looking at iOS apps for note-taking, etc. I ended up narrowing things down to Ulysses and Scrivener. I gave Ulysses a test-spin, tried importing some old Scrivener project files after exporting them to rtf. It did not go well. Crashed the app a lot, and so far I haven’t heard back from my support request.

As part of my comparison, I tried to compare subscriptions to purchases. I’m not completely opposed to yearly costs if the app is a good benefit. It would appear that I bought my first copy of Scrivener on March 11, 2007. That’s eleven years ago!

After adding up all the purchases (upgrades plus Windows and Mac) and throwing in $20 for my pending iOS app purchase, I am spending around $11/year for Scrivener. I haven’t used it constantly, writing more in spurts than anything else, but that feels about right as a cost/benefit analysis. Any way, it’s nice to have a new version to explore as I hit my next wave of writing. Thanks to Kevin for keeping this thing going!

Thanks for the kind words! Eleven years, it hardly seems to have gone by. But back then we were using Tiger and Leopard. :slight_smile:

Shortly after I bought my first Mac I remember standing in line to get my Leopard upgrade. Got a free t-shirt, too! Lol