Scrivener Affiliate Program

Good luck with that traffic Simon! :smiley:

Thanks for the reminder, DMJ.

Everything up and running…

Keith I went to the link listed at the top of this post and tried to search for Scrivener to set up the Affiliate program but received the following. What do I do?

[attachment=0]Screen shot 2010-11-01 at Mon, 1 Nov, 15.52 PM_600x239.shkl.png[/attachment]
Screen shot 2010-11-01 at Mon, 1 Nov, 15.52 PM_600x239.shkl.png

Indeed – how do we find the affiliate link for the 2.0 version?

I don’t think the affiliate link for 2.0 is quite ready yet, sorry. Please drop David a line on sales AT literatureandlatte DOT com - please bear with him it takes him a while to get back to you, though, as he has been inundated with e-mails following the release, as we all have. Thank you for wanting to become affiliates!

Looks like the updated affiliate link isn’t quite ready yet. (Still comes up blank)

Hello,

The affiliate offering for Scrivener 2.0 should have been available since 8th November. I searched for ‘Scrivener’ on the relevant eSellerate webpage affiliates.esellerate.net/affiliates/home.aspx and everything appears to be in order:

I did also notice that we are having affiliate commissions deducted from our sales reports, so I will assume that everything is working correctly. Please do let me know further details if you believe matters are otherwise though.

Many thanks,
David

Hi David - thanks for the reply. When searching, only the 1.X version seems to come up.

[attachment=0]CGO_ 2010.11.24001.jpg[/attachment]

Searching for 2.0 comes up blank. Any ideas?

Actually found it. You need to go to “Available Products,” search and then it comes up.

Odd why it wasn’t the other way, but that way works.

When I go to a coffee shop, I invariably see students grinding away with Microsoft Word to write their papers. About half of those students are using Macs.

At 8-10 dollars commission per sale, students could do pretty well being a local campus representative. And they could help get all of those students a much better and cheaper tool for their writing. Has anyone set themselves up as a local Scrivener expert/advocate at a University this way?

I just registered for the affiliate program, but can’t seem to find the Scrivener links. Can anyone help me out with this process? Thanks.

Hello Suzy,

As detailed above, please go here affiliates.esellerate.net/affiliates/home.aspx, press on View Products and then do a search for ‘Scrivener’. Good luck.

All the best,
David.

Thanks, David. Can you tell me when Scrivener will have the program available in a secure download for those of us who not own MAC’s? I know they have a version of it available, but I’m hesitant to download it to my computer, because of the possible virus’.

The Windows version has been secured; this was remedied some time ago. To be clear there was never a virus in it, but because it was brand new software that hadn’t yet been certified or used by many people, some virus scanners were producing warnings. You can download it from here. When the executable runs, make sure it is certified by Creative HQ in the screen that asks if you wish to allow it to run.

Hi David,

Regarding the W-8BEN form, do you know what the situation is with the ITIN and EIN numbers? Are these needed by esellerate? I was a little confused by the ‘if required’ in question 9b.

If you want to load a book to the Apple iBookstore from the UK you must have an EIN at least.

Regards

Stephen

Hello Stephen,

To be entirely honest (and not too helpful) we never completed the whole sales affiliate paperwork process for eSellerate as there seemed to be little point becoming a sales affiliate for ourselves! I did have exactly the same confusion when recently completing the W-8BEN form for Amazon though. The “if required” got me too, so I left Part I question 6 blank. My tax withholding application got rejected by Amazon, so I then went through the process of obtaining an EIN (completing a SS-4 form), entering the number into the question 6 field and ticking Part II question 9b. The application then got accepted, so I would suggest jumping through the hoops to obtain an EIN. Good luck!

I hope the IRS representative you speak to (if necessary for you) is more cheerful than the one I got! :smiley:

All the best,
David

Perhaps Will Ferrell, if you’re lucky.

Thanks David,

I get the impression that the IRS are inundated with hopeful non-US self-pub authors ringing up for EINs. I’ve been told that some representatives will demand an INIT number before issuing an EIN, in which case you put down the phone and ring back in the hope of getting someone more amenable.

I’ve just seen the announcement that Scrivener is available on US Amazon, of which I’m already an affiliate, so I doubt I’ll go down the esellerate path now.

Regards

Stephen

Hi,

I tried to find where I can create affiliate links that go directly to this page literatureandlatte.com/scrivener.php. Any help appreciated, SY

Bump I have the same question - I don’t want to send people direct the buy page but to the trial page