Dropbox sync: ”Filen xxx finns inte ...”

When opening Scrivener on my iPad I’m asked if I want to sync with Dropbox. After accepting the sync starts but stops after a while with the enclosed message that a file is not found. If I redo the sync everything syncs properly. Lately this happens every time I open Scrivener. Why?

I am taking a stab in the dark here, but have you updated iOS recently but not made sure the DropBox app is up-to-date?

I’ve seen several folsk talking about how uninstalling the DropBox app, rebooting, re-installing the DropBox app fresh from the App Store, then clearing Scrivener’s sync caches solved Scrivener/Dropbox sync issues.

Thanks Devin,

sorry for slow response. Followed your advice. Seems to have helped.

Cheers!
Mats

Glad to hear it!

Now the problem reoccured. I suppose I can solve it by once more following Devin’s good advice, but thought that it would be interesting to hear if someone has any inkling as to what might be the root cause of the problem.

To widen the circle of potential posters, I changed the language som that the message now can be read in English.

Additional info: After pressing OK on the message the sync arrows turn red, and projects that are affected are marked with a red dot. Pressing the (red) sync symbol starts a successful sync.

Have the projects been edited on a Mac in between? If so, incomplete syncing from the Mac to the Dropbox server could be the culprit.

They have been edited on the Mac, but I’ve made sure that the sync to Dropbox is complete.

I would test it by doing a Save as… on the Mac and save the project under a new name. Some minor error in a file somewhere can sometimes complicate things…

Actually, I’ve experienced this when I had a spotty cellular data connection. Nothing wrong on the Mac side, just as described. Waiting a bit until I had a more reliable signal, and re-trying worked for me just as it did for MATSGZ.

I‘m having the same problem frequently.