[BB] - F11 no longer enters compositon/fullscreen mode

User avatar
Lunatique
Posts: 100
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:47 am
Platform: Windows
Contact:

Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:03 am Post

F11 no longer enters the composition/fullscreen mode, but it does exit out of the mode.

Sh
Shipleyaust
Posts: 91
Joined: Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:15 am
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS
Location: Hunter Valley, NSW, Australia
Contact:

Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:54 am Post

F11 works as expected for me. No issues. (2903 64-bit on current Windows 10)

th
thePhilosoraptor
Posts: 340
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:28 am
Platform: Windows

Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:05 pm Post

Lunatique wrote:F11 no longer enters the composition/fullscreen mode, but it does exit out of the mode.


In Options > Keyboard is anything else assigned to F11 that may be causing a conflict?
Bryan Bender

User avatar
Lunatique
Posts: 100
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:47 am
Platform: Windows
Contact:

Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:44 am Post

thePhilosoraptor wrote:
Lunatique wrote:F11 no longer enters the composition/fullscreen mode, but it does exit out of the mode.


In Options > Keyboard is anything else assigned to F11 that may be causing a conflict?


I haven't changed a single thing in hotkeys setting.

th
thePhilosoraptor
Posts: 340
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:28 am
Platform: Windows

Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:33 pm Post

Does this occur in all projects, including new blank ones?
Bryan Bender

User avatar
Lunatique
Posts: 100
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:47 am
Platform: Windows
Contact:

Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:19 pm Post

thePhilosoraptor wrote:Does this occur in all projects, including new blank ones?

I just checked, and now it's working again, but it would sometimes Scrivener would hang/lag/freeze, so it seems like it's not working. Hitting F11 to get into full screen mode seems fine most of the time now, but when hitting it again to get out of full screen would have a slight lag, sometimes up to a full second. And this is on different projects.

th
thePhilosoraptor
Posts: 340
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:28 am
Platform: Windows

Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:59 pm Post

When you encounter this lag is it mostly on larger documents or does it seem to occur regardless of length?
Bryan Bender

User avatar
Lunatique
Posts: 100
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:47 am
Platform: Windows
Contact:

Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:08 pm Post

thePhilosoraptor wrote:When you encounter this lag is it mostly on larger documents or does it seem to occur regardless of length?


It doesn't lag on small projects (such as a short story and not much notes), but on larger projects (for example, a novel of about 75K words and lots of notes and outline summaries for each chapter), it definitely lags.

th
thePhilosoraptor
Posts: 340
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:28 am
Platform: Windows

Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:21 am Post

Thanks. One more question: Does the lag only occur if you attempt to exit Composition mode immediately after entering it (while it's still loading) or does it also occur after being in Composition mode for a while?
Bryan Bender

User avatar
Lunatique
Posts: 100
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:47 am
Platform: Windows
Contact:

Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:03 am Post

thePhilosoraptor wrote:Thanks. One more question: Does the lag only occur if you attempt to exit Composition mode immediately after entering it (while it's still loading) or does it also occur after being in Composition mode for a while?


There's no lag if I keep it in full screen for a few seconds, so you're right about that.

BTW, there's also a lag when I first just open up a project--it lags for several seconds and then finally the project opens, and then it might lag still when I try clicking on something. I guess the beta isn't optimized to load projects quickly yet?