Kindlegen now fails in Scrivener 3.0.1 -- Invalid nav element.

Just upgraded to Scrivener 3.0.1 and now I can’t compile for KF8/MOBI. Here is the log file for Kindlegen, abreviated:

[code]*************************************************************
Amazon kindlegen(MAC OSX) V2.9 build 1028-0897292
A command line e-book compiler
Copyright Amazon.com and its Affiliates 2014

Warning(prcgen):W30013: Invalid “nav” element in Navigation file. Please refer to Kindle Publishing Guidelines about usage of EPUB3 Navigation support. A “nav” element can have two child elements, an optional heading and a mandatory ol ordered list in file: /private/var/folders/23/w76xjg0j5jv4jw_yt50swsdm0000gn/T/EBOOK_TEMP/test_X/contents.xhtml line: 8
Error(prcgen):E24012: Epub Navigation file could not be built.
Info(prcgen):I1038: MOBI file could not be generated because of errors!
[/code]

Generated NAV is:

[code]

Contents

1. Dedication
  2. Foreword
  3. Chapter One - Chapter
    1. Section Uno
    2. Section Dos
[/code]

Edited addition to post: I created a new project from the General Non-Fiction template, did absolutely nothing to it, and told it to compile KF8/MOBI and it fails the same way. So this is very easy to replicate.

Temporary fix is to compile to EPub3, edit the

to

manually, then use kindlegen…

See also literatureandlatte.com/forum … =2&t=49946

Easier workaround: literatureandlatte.com/forum/vie … 93#p255893

Workaround works, but it is bizarre. I don’t understand that HTML Elements pane at all (and the documentation isn’t clear to me in the slightest).
Anyway, this gets me going, but I’ll be happy when 3.0.2 arrives.

Argh, a fix for something else broke this. Fixed for 3.0.2.

i am having the same problem. Glad to read that it is fixed in 3.02. When I check for updates my copy of Scrivener says, “Scrivener 3.0.1 is currently the newest version available.” Is 3.02 available?

3.02 hasn’t been released yet.