What are you writing?

What’s your current novel about? Tell us!

I’m working on a kid-friendly murder mystery set in a girl’s boarding school in Kerry, Ireland. The current title is Murder In The Limelight but that’ll probably change.

Western fantasy. Basically, the Civil War included a secret magic battle that backfired and created monsters which inhabit the West.

The Horse’s Mouth of Green Gables meets The Mill on the Floss of the D’Urbervilles.

The main WIP is a legal thriller about a guy called Dave. He’s a recovered alcoholic, a terrible lawyer, and a good husband and father whose life unravels when he gets into a car accident with a homeless pedestrian called Roy and a dog called Dog.

I wish I had more time to focus on it, but you lot are a constant distraction.

1 Like

:smiley:

I’m writing a YA novel about a girl with anxiety attacks and random freelance stuff that comes up.

The story is based in Costa Rica and Mediaeval Italy, amongst other places and times…

Pura Vida

Roland

Radioactive Vampire Killers

Yup. :smiling_imp:

I’m writing the second novel to The Chronciles of Terlan, which will focus on the characters of Nomo and Jo, who will be introduced in the first novel. It will focus on their journey together to gather allies and their unique relationship. And somehow I have to sneak in all the other story threads I have planned ><

I’m writing a novel about a boy, who does not have left hand and want to be boxer

You’ve got a strong hook there.

Although that’s more than can be said for the character. :smiley:

I’m here all week. Don’t forget to tip your waitress.

Is there a rimshot emoji?

OMG, that got a literal LOL from me.

Pigfender, buddy, don’t ever change. You are awesome just the way you are.

Historical novel. It covers a large area of one country and would be interesting for youth (I hope so).

Thinking of resuming the work on my vampire novel which I put on hold when the Twilight sage boomed :mrgreen:

I was inspired by the biographies of Maria Theresa, Buddha, Nelson Mandella and decided to write about volunteering, creating a collective image of the hero of our time. Such a modern Don Quixote, who fights for the rights of the majority against the system. But the more I write, the more I become convinced that hardly a happy ending awaits him.

I wrote a detective novel that came close to being published but was shot down eventually. To cleanse my pallet I am now writing a scifi adventure novella of which I am certain no-one will publish it. Just something for myself. I’ll get back to ‘serious’ stuff after that.

I met someone at a party who said a friend was making quite good money writing erotica and selling it on Amazon. Well, I rushed home and stopped working on the great novel.
Thirty-two days and 82,000 words later I uploaded ‘The FIFI CODE: A novel of love and lust for people who love people’. It was fun and writing quickly gave me new insights into how I could change my writing practices.
Needless to say, I was probably the last one through the erotic genre door. To say it is overcrowded would be an understatement. Sold very few so far although I’m ordering author copies and selling through a local bookshop quite well.
Meanwhile, thanks to Scrivener, I’m back on the big work which I think will now benefit from my momentary affair with Fifi.

Cheers

Good old Pirate Adventure

I’m working on a novel. It’s a YA fantasy, the protagonist is a highschool girl from Transylvania, who was adopted by a shepherd.