iOS Update

Yes, only Dropbox, certainly for 1.x. Or you can just manually import and export the project using iTunes, of course.

Welcome aboard, katevee! Thanks for all the kind words. It sounds as though Scrivener for iOS will do exactly as you wish. We’re honing it in read-only mode now on the iPhone, then it will be on to getting all of the editing working without breaking, then revising the interface for iOS 7, then getting it jazzed up for the iPad… Actually the iPad version is going to be like having more than one version of the iPhone version running but linked together in neat ways. It’s hard to explain but is going to be very cool (I hope so anyway!).

Thanks again!

All the best,
Keith

I’m sure it will be cool… everything you do seems to be cool :slight_smile: I just wish I had enough writing talent to do your software justice :wink:

Gods, yes! I had to ditch MacJournal, as the syncing was just painful. Seamless syncing via DropBox is certainly possible - YNAB (You Need a Budget) does it very nicely, with transactions just appearing automatically on, say, your Mac a few minutes after they’re added on the phone.

At the moment I use Notebooks to sync manually with Scrivener, and it can be a bit painful (I’ve lost work by syncing devices in the wrong order!), so I really appreciate any efforts that L&L make to avoid this issue.

Also, on the plus side, if Scrivener for iOS won’t be out for a while yet, that gives me no reason yet to “upgrade” to iOS 7 :slight_smile:

Oh man… I am so moist with anticipation. The ambient humidity around me is… Unspeakable.

The only thing I really REALLY want is the brilliant scrivenings feature. Just looooooove that in the desktop version. Write like an idiot and then slice, dice and organize after.

You guys are keeping that right? :[]

Anyway… As you can see… I’m quite ready. Just say the word and I will be spamming the app store’s buy button!

Jin

Just booted up iMac… feeling like’yeuuurrrkkk!!". Read your post, jin, and haven’t stopped chuckling to myself. [size=150]:-))[/size] Thanks for the giggles, pal.
Take care
Vic

You should beta out the iPhone/iPod Touch version of it once you get editing working so we can break, er, test it for you. I use my iPod Touch 5 and a BT keyboard for maybe 20%-30% of my drafting as is, so I could probably pound 15-20 thousand word worth through test versions every month, and I’m sure there’s a few folk around here with far more ambition who wouldn’t mind helping … just a thought ;-p

Kensai

Just to add my tuppence worth. All I want is a programme that can access my Scrivener project(s) and allow my to add/edit and create new stuff. Totally suitable that it works with Dropbox as that’s how I work now, between my PC and laptop.

It’s not possible to do a public beta of iOS software, without asking everyone to jailbreak their devices, because that would essentially amount to distributing software outside of the App Store, and we wouldn’t want to have that going on now, would we. :wink:

Doh! I completely forgot that. I’ll wait with patience till it’s released.

Any idea when?

I emphatically implore you to include the name generator function to the iOS app. There are times I find myself writing by hand in a notebook and need a name on the fly while I’m away from the computer. Another suggestion might be a random town name generator and a business name generator for those who struggle with naming things in our stories.

Just FYI (no pressure to do a beta test before you’re ready) there is no reason to jailbreak to do beta tests on iOS, there are several methods including a few easy-to-use/ free services that take almost all the work out of the process like Test Flight https://testflightapp.com/ (best known and well regarded) or Hockey Kit http://hockeykit.net/ (open source).

Just joined - primarily because I’m REALLY looking forward to iOS versions of Scrivener and Scapple. I use them both all the time on my MacBook, but could use them even more if they worked on the iPad as well. So, waiting, hoping, praying … :slight_smile:

I beta tested for another iOS app with test flight and it’s a breeze, very easy to use. I bet the L&L crew knows about it

Please, don’t finish the iOS version. Please! I have been able to avoid Scrivener for Mac (although it sits right there, silently, on the dock), but if you release the iOS version I will not have anymore excuses for not writing the novel… :slight_smile:

Keep up the good work, guys!

We do in fact use TestFlight for our internal testing distribution, which considerably eases the whole process for sure. I’m not myself aware of the specifics on whether it would make a good public beta platform, but if it can that is something to consider.

If you need someone on an iPhone 3G running iOS4 without a SIM card, then let me know.

Make that 2! Actually, I have a SIM card… But I only updated to iOS 4 on the weekend. Now I have folders to keep my 7 apps instead of pages. Ah, the relentless march of technology!

I registered just to say that I, too, am anxiously awaiting the official iOS app. I have attempted to use external folder sync with a third-party iPad app, but it doesn’t work as well as I’d like. I have two different computers that I use to write (home and office), and between the three devices things just don’t seem to sync right.

I picked up a Logitech K760 for my iPad in anticipation of the release(it pairs with three devices, so I don’t have that awkward moment of adjustment when I switch keyboards), and am so anxious to have an ultraportable version of Scrivener that I am constantly teetering on the edge of selling the iPad and getting an 11" MacBook Air or Surface Pro 2. I just want something that weighs around 2 lbs and gets around a day’s worth of work done on a single charge!