Scrivener User Videos

Hello All,

One of our users has been kind enough to create a video presentation of Scrivener. Her name is Crystal Elerson and you can find a link to her fantastic introduction to Scrivener’s main features below:

literatureandlatte.com/misc/ … tation.mov

Our official videos remain at literatureandlatte.com/videos/index.html, but if for any reason you find yourself afflicted with the same wonderful creativity as Crystal, do not fight the urge! Contact me at salesATliteratureandlatteDOTcom and I will review and upload.

All the best,
David

Thank you, Crystal, for a truly excellent and exemplary introduction to Scrivener!

Even though I have now finished a 150 kword novel script in Scrivener, I still got several good tips and a well structured rehearsal.

Hopefully you’ll be back with more.

Best,

Joachim

I am thrilled that you found the video useful. I enjoyed the project.

Sincerely,
Crystal Elerson

I’d like to add my thanks to Crystal for an excellent instructional video. I, too, learned several new tips. Thanks so much for sharing with our community here.

Thought I would add a link to Mike Winiski’s blog and Scrivener usage video here too:

mikewiniski.com/blog/?p=143

Crystal,

Thank you. The video was excellent. I recently moved to Scrivener and your video answered most of my questions. Great work!

Thanks so much Crystal! I’ve been using Scrivener for quite a while but I discovered several new tricks - things that I had never used, simply because I wasn’t sure what use they would be for me…now I will use bookmarks!

Hello All,

Another fantastic video has been put together by one of our users! This one has been created by Mathew Mitchell from the School of Education at the University of San Francisco. Primarily meant as an instructional video for his colleagues to show how academics can use Scrivener, it is naturally good for all to peruse.

At 22 minutes, you may want to go and make a cup of tea (or latte :wink: ) after hitting the link in order for it to download fully:

literatureandlatte.com/misc/ … ntials.mov

Many thanks to Mathew for his efforts!

All the best,
David

It’s a very good video, indeed. Thanks, David, for linking to it and, most of all, Mathew for making it.

– MJ

Thanks for the video. That gave me a lot of ideas on how to use Scrivener for other things.
Cheers

Yet another brilliant video provided by a user of Scrivener! Yuvi Zalkow has been kind enough to create a presentation; ‘Scrivener… from my POV’. Yuvi shares three of his Scrivener projects and goes through the ways that he uses the application. Astutely covering the basics and even briefly touching on MultiMarkdown, LaTeX and compiling; this is a comprehensive video. At approaching 50 minutes, the screen-cast has duration, but Yuvi manages to keep it engaging and informative throughout.

Good job Yuvi! :smiley: And thank you very much for all of your effort. I am sure that people new to Scrivener 2 and even those with many hours of use behind them will find a gem or two within your presentation.

yuvizalkow.com/blog/scrivener/

All the best,
David

Hello All,

Micheal Axelsen has posted an extremely useful video covering PhD authoring tools. Micheal covers the integration of Scrivener with both EndNote and Evernote, eventually compiling to Word. It is thorough, so will take around 35 minutes to watch in entirety:

bit.ly/f8eWVF

Extremely useful if you are embarking on a thesis or any document requiring a lot of citation use with a bibliography. Thanks Micheal! :smiley:

If you are only interested in citation work with Scrivener and EndNote, Micheal also posted a shorter YouTube video that is available from here:

youtu.be/7BJRsKEwk5o

All the best,
David

Here’s a well crafted video posted by Wolf Pascoe that covers compiling left and right-hand pages in Scrivener:

vimeo.com/61400465

All the best,
David