Anne Rice vs. Stephenie Meyer

Fluff
Platform: Windows

Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:23 pm Post

PJS wrote:but cannot imagine living full-time with an adolescent.
We should spare a thought for Jaysen's wife...she has to. :(
Fluff
Sent from Pangur ban's Astral iPad

Le
Lestat
Platform: Linux

Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:39 pm Post

Fluff wrote:
PJS wrote:but cannot imagine living full-time with an adolescent.
We should spare a thought for Jaysen's wife...she has to. :(
Fluff

Haha! That's a good one. Anyway back to topic.
"Blood tears they cry, as they com bust in flames." Richard Sjunnesson

"On and on I travelled lonesome roads, in the savage garden of our world." Richard Sjunnesson

pigfender
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS

Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:35 pm Post

What was your opinion of the movies? I've only seen Interview, but I thought that was excellently done. Tom Cruise, in particular, was amazing.
"Some dice only have sixes." nom, 19 Oct 2013
"Piggy, I'm beginning to wonder if you are the best person to take advice from." Jaysen, 26 Sept 2014

http://www.pigfender.com | http://www.novelinaday.com

Le
Lestat

Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:58 pm Post

I haven't seen the movies. I will watch then after I finish Queen of the Damned.

"On and on I travelled lonesome roads, in the savage garden of our world." Richard Sjunnesson

pigfender
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS

Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:16 pm Post

Anne Rice was originally appalled with the casting of Tom as her blond-haired blue-eyed Lestat, but had a complete reversal when she saw him in character on set.

If you are a fan of her writing and of the character of Lestat in particular (and I'm picking up on subtle clues that you might be :wink: ) then you owe it to yourself to watch "Interview..."

I'm told the other two movies are dreadful, though.
"Some dice only have sixes." nom, 19 Oct 2013
"Piggy, I'm beginning to wonder if you are the best person to take advice from." Jaysen, 26 Sept 2014

http://www.pigfender.com | http://www.novelinaday.com

Le
Lestat

Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:25 pm Post

pigfender wrote:Anne Rice was originally appalled with the casting of Tom as her blond-haired blue-eyed Lestat, but had a complete reversal when she saw him in character on set.

If you are a fan of her writing and of the character of Lestat in particular (and I'm picking up on subtle clues that you might be :wink: ) then you owe it to yourself to watch "Interview..."

I'm told the other two movies are dreadful, though.

I will certainly check it out. And the clues are more than subtle :twisted: I will see if the others truly are dreadful.

AmberV
Platform: Mac + Linux

Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:38 pm Post

Interview with the Vampire is a must see. It's a pretty good film even for those not terribly into the genre. It's just a good drama on every level; and you'll never see Kirsten Dunst's smile the same way afterwards. The others you can ignore---and you *should* ignore the movie adaptation of Queen of the Damned with great prejudice! Ordinarily I am all about watching bad movies for fun, but some things are better left unseen, and are so bad they go right past being funny about it.
.:.
Ioa Petra'ka
“Whole sight, or all the rest is desolation.” —John Fowles

Le
Lestat

Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:13 pm Post

AmberV wrote:Interview with the Vampire is a must see. It's a pretty good film even for those not terribly into the genre. It's just a good drama on every level; and you'll never see Kirsten Dunst's smile the same way afterwards. The others you can ignore---and you *should* ignore the movie adaptation of Queen of the Damned with great prejudice! Ordinarily I am all about watching bad movies for fun, but some things are better left unseen, and are so bad they go right past being funny about it.

What is so bad about the others?