currently reading

kl
klcorridon
Platform: Mac

Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:10 pm Post

I finished "Nordic Gods and Heros" by Padraig Colum a couple of weeks ago.

Now I'm reading "World War Z" by Max Brooks.
I may be an Idiot, but I'm no Fool...
For Maura, 4/7/59-11/21/09... My Muse, my Heroine, my Editor, my Patron. All that I have achieved as a writer is because of her.

tr
tracy18
Platform: Mac + Windows

Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:29 am Post

Started reading Dr Jekyl and Mr Hyde again...I have tried reading it couple of times before but had lost interest after initial few pages. But people keep raving about it so here I am trying to read this classic again.

Ma
Maelduin

Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:13 pm Post

Just about to start rereading The Unfortunate Fursey, Mervyn Wall's comedy classic about an early mediaeval Irish monk haunted by demons, which has just been issued on Kindle. Very funny when I read it before.

El
EllenlogRL
Platform: Windows

Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:53 pm Post

I'm reading a lot of Star Wars novels lately. Currently reading Star Wars: Rogue Planet

They are all pretty good novels, even if you aren't that big into Star Wars.

Sparrowhawk
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS

Tue May 29, 2018 5:01 pm Post

Been on a Mark Twain kick lately. Currently reading A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court; before that, I just finished The Prince and the Pauper. Right before that, I bought and read my first indie novel, The Boy in the Window by Ditter Kellen.

This might be the only time I've read 3 American novels in a row since my college/university days. I find British literature much more enjoyable overall. More wit, less despairing. Not necessarily less cynical, but American literature, even (read: especially) the classics, seem to love ending with a cry of "woe is me, the world is hopeless". British literature, even when cynical, tends have a message of "shrug and just keep moving - and laugh at it if you can."
You will find more evidence of the ridiculousness of humanity in the bathroom mirror than any other place in the world.

OrangeJC
Platform: Mac + Windows

Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:56 am Post

Hi everyone! Newbie here :D
I've finished The First Law trilogy by Joe Abercrombie recently. Yes, I'm a big fan of fantasy :D
The trilogy I mentioned is just gorgeous. I liked the second part most of all (it's called Before They Are Hanged). Strongly recommend to those who love dark fantasy as I do

Tanith

Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:51 am Post

OrangeJC wrote:Hi everyone! Newbie here :D
I've finished The First Law trilogy by Joe Abercrombie recently. Yes, I'm a big fan of fantasy :D
The trilogy I mentioned is just gorgeous. I liked the second part most of all (it's called Before They Are Hanged). Strongly recommend to those who love dark fantasy as I do

Welcome! :D

At the moment I'm in a "pulpy" mood, so I'm re-reading The Right Hand of Doom, a collection of "Solomon Kane" stories by Robert E. Howard. After that I'm probably going to re-read Stephen King's Misery because I want to read about writing and that's the best fictional example I can think of offhand.

Ca
Carly Swinson

Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:12 am Post

Brandon Mull
Dan Brown

th
thomasdown92

Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:19 am Post

Currently reading Psychology in Your Life. My psychiatrist friend recommended it.

Siren
Platform: Mac + iOS

Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:34 am Post

I'm currently reading His Bloody Project: Documents relating to the case of Roderick Macrae, by Graeme Macrae Burnet. It's very good, so far.
Literature & Latte support team