ui for strangers -- a quick compliment

narrsd
Platform: Win + iOS

Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:55 am Post

I got on this late, being tied up with other things for a few days and not noticing. Thus I began straight with 2.9.10.

From the first glance, Scrivener has been so much more clear and inviting in appearance.

It's those great colored icons, I think, and I really have no idea why we had such discussion over them.

Water under the bridge, and I just hope the new look is as good for Stacey as it seems to me.

Features - right away, Ioa's fave Search Menubar jumped out as just as useful to me -- and so I could immediately try out Hoist Binder, which I quite like. And several other things oto, but that's for later.

I did seem to find that I couldn't unHoist by any action on the Seach Menubar entry -- probably that should work also? There's a good, tiny pick-point on the binder head to do this also, once you find it.

All this at very much post-midnight, so who knows how many I might find with both eyes open?

I found a thing or two with Word compile that seems to have altered as expected, some to good, maybe some to be entered later when it gets to full beta stage. But, operates.

Thanks to all the crew, and great to see Lee's byline on the release notes -- cheers, Lee...

Clive

jj
jje
Platform: Windows

Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:47 am Post

I really like the V3 interface too. Thanks.

StaceyUK
Platform: Mac + Windows

Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:49 pm Post

narrsd wrote:I got on this late, being tied up with other things for a few days and not noticing. Thus I began straight with 2.9.10.

From the first glance, Scrivener has been so much more clear and inviting in appearance.

It's those great colored icons, I think, and I really have no idea why we had such discussion over them.

Water under the bridge, and I just hope the new look is as good for Stacey as it seems to me.

Features - right away, Ioa's fave Search Menubar jumped out as just as useful to me -- and so I could immediately try out Hoist Binder, which I quite like. And several other things oto, but that's for later.

I did seem to find that I couldn't unHoist by any action on the Seach Menubar entry -- probably that should work also? There's a good, tiny pick-point on the binder head to do this also, once you find it.

All this at very much post-midnight, so who knows how many I might find with both eyes open?

I found a thing or two with Word compile that seems to have altered as expected, some to good, maybe some to be entered later when it gets to full beta stage. But, operates.

Thanks to all the crew, and great to see Lee's byline on the release notes -- cheers, Lee...

Clive

Nope sorry. The icons are still too small for me.. Please, Please make them bigger! Look tiny on my 21 inch monitor!!!
Blessings, Stacey

System Specs

Windows 7
Scrivener 1.9.7 / 2.8 /3.0.3/1.1.5 (1301)
Scapple 1.0.0.0
Windows 2.9.0.10 Beta