[NB] Can't Increase Binder Font Size

do
donald3hamilton
Platform: Mac + Windows

Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:45 am Post

So far I've looked everywhere I can think of, including searching the forum, but I can't find a way to increase the size of the Binder font in the current Windows Beta. Is this a bug, or an overlooked feature? On my monitor, for my eyes, I use 175% on the editor and would like to increase the Binder font size to at least 125% of what it is now. It's currently too small. I'm sure there are others with this problem. Again, I don't know if this is a feature request or not but it is certainly a problem. Thanks for listening. -Don

rw
rwfranz
Platform: Windows

Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:14 am Post

Your text indicates you haven't found the function to do that, so this is where it's supposed to be.

File > Options (F12)

Appearance (fourth in the top row of icons)

Fonts (Bottom section)

General > Binder
Click Select Font
It should pop up a window and let you select a new font and size. Then, click ok, and then click Apply. The font and size should change to what you selected.

do
donald3hamilton
Platform: Mac + Windows

Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:31 am Post

You have set me straight. Thank you very much, it worked perfectly. :D

rg
rgwr

Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:29 am Post

That's Tools/Options, not File, for me. F12 works too and the rest is OK, but I'd hoped this would make dragging binder elements into a new position easier. It doesn't, much, and they still slip into the wrong level more often than not. Probably to do with the high dpi of my screen, I expect.

th
thePhilosoraptor

Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:53 pm Post

rgwr wrote:That's Tools/Options, not File, for me.

Options were moved from 'Tools' to 'File' in the move from Scrivener 1 to Scrivener 3 Beta.
Bryan Bender

rw
rwfranz

Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:01 am Post

rgwr wrote:That's Tools/Options, not File, for me. F12 works too and the rest is OK, but I'd hoped this would make dragging binder elements into a new position easier. It doesn't, much, and they still slip into the wrong level more often than not. Probably to do with the high dpi of my screen, I expect.

Another binder option you may find useful, then, is File -> Options -> Appearance -> Binder -> Binder Items Spacing. This helps me a little with the misplacement issue.

Another possibility is to slow down the pointer speed while shifting items in the binder (In Windows -> Control Panel -> Hardware (etc) -> Mouse -> Pointer Options). Be nice if there was a hotkey to change pointer speed on the fly (and no doubt it's doable with AutoHotKey).