[BB] Compile Save Configuration

Platform: Win + iOS

Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:47 pm Post

This is in reference to Windows version #3.

Everything I need to compile my document is found in one place - the compile form. The only thing missing is saved configurations. Every time I compile I must start over from scratch in selecting, filtering, meta-data, etc. It would be of great help and time saving to save a configuration and use it again later for a future compile. The configuration can be updated by the user as the document changes or modifications in configuration. So for example, I might have 10 different configurations for one document.

Platform: Mac

Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:59 pm Post

Windows Scrivener 3 is still in beta testing, so not all planned functionality has been implemented yet. For that reason, I'm moving this thread to the beta forum.

Scrivener Support Team

Platform: Windows

Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:36 am Post

Hello! Echoing what Katherine said, Compile is not fully functional at the moment. That said there should be a way to do what you are describing using the Formats Section of the Compile page, which allows you to duplicate and/or modify the default formats as well as create your own. Is there a specific thing you are looking for that formats does not allow for?
Bryan Bender