HJ
HJH
Platform: Windows

Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:44 am Post

Hello!

Word Import / Export Issue

1) An import /export from(to) Word error occurs

When settings are done as follows,
Options -> Sharing -> Import / Export -> File Format Converters -> Import Converters… / Export Converters…
Import From (Export to) File Format: Doc/Docx via: Microsoft Office (2007-2016)

and when importing (exporting) from(to) Word file through “File -> Import -> Files… / File -> Export -> Files… as Microsoft Word”, an error occurs as follows.

Error Window: Converter Error. Could not Convert File ‘abc.docx’. Error: Converter Error.

2) There are some problems in footnotes when Importing From File Format: Doc/Docx via: Aspose.

. The footnotes of the imported Word file are broken. If that word file is a long document and there are many footnotes in it, all texts are converted into a kind of inline footnotes since a certain inline footnote in the middle of the document

. The footnotes of the Word file are always converted into inline footnotes. Are there any options for chooing between inline footnotes and inspector footnotes like mac version?

Thanks.

My system: MS Windows 10 1703 64bit, MS Word 2016, Scrivener 3.0 Beta 1 - 2.9.0.1

th
thePhilosoraptor
Platform: Windows

Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:28 pm Post

Hello! In future, it would be helpful for us if these could be broken into multiple topics as they are distinct bugs. But for now I will try to address these in the order of your post:

1) Thanks for this! This has been filed as a bug.

2) I was unable to reproduce this after cursory testing. Is this something you have encountered frequently or is it specific to a certain document? If a specific document, would you be willing to send it to windows.support@literatureandlatte.com with "Beta" in the subject line and a link to this forum post?

3) There should in fact be an option for this. That has also been filed.
Bryan Bender

MimeticMouton
Platform: Mac + Windows

Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:42 am Post

Thanks for the sample document. The good news is it looks like it's just a display bug with text decorations like the inline footnote and annotation borders. On documents long enough to scroll in the editor, these decorations are sometimes showing over much more text than they are actually applied to. If I compile the sample DOCX after importing it, the footnotes are all still distinct and containing only the text they should be.
Jennifer Hughes
(MM for short)