Latest release crashes on Dropbox sync

sh
shaggyred
Platform: Mac + iOS

Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:25 pm Post

This is also happening to me,. I usually work between two iPad’s (both on iOS 11.). What’s a little different is that one iPad (iPad Pro 9.7) doesn’ ever have a problem. An older iPad Air 2, however, does.

I have relinked the Dropbox account to Scrivener on the iPad Air 2, That fixes the probem “for that session” and I can then save/sync back to DB. After that, I can sync to the Pro iPad fine, but then when I try and sync back to the iPad Air 2, it crashes (unless I do another re-link on the iPad Air 2)

si
sidderke
Platform: Mac

Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:08 pm Post

I don't have the problem of crashing but since updating the Mac OS version to Scrivener 3, my iOS version on both iPhone and iPad are taking forever to 'download file list' before it starts syncing.
It does sync, not crash, but this only started since updating to Scrivener 3 on the Desktop.
I don't know if it's related to what has been said in this thread, but just wanted to give my 5 cents.

chrismag

Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:54 am Post

from the latest update of the iOS version of Scrivener (on iPad Pro 9.7 and iPhone 6s both with iOS 11.1.2) it happens that when there is a low Wi-Fi or cellular connection (just a hypothesis) the changes to my project I just done can not be uploaded to Dropbox, even later, when the connection is better, Scrivener keep crashes and the only solution is to reinstall the app losing the last work, if it has not been copied elsewhere

Ma
Mastern
Platform: iOS

Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:56 pm Post

Me too. Unlink & Link worked.
Had not been resolved by restarting Scrivener or iPad Pro.

il
ilivetowrite

Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:48 am Post

sidderke wrote:I don't have the problem of crashing but since updating the Mac OS version to Scrivener 3, my iOS version on both iPhone and iPad are taking forever to 'download file list' before it starts syncing.
It does sync, not crash, but this only started since updating to Scrivener 3 on the Desktop.
I don't know if it's related to what has been said in this thread, but just wanted to give my 5 cents.

I am having this exact problem. I just updated to the just-released iOS version of Scrivener, hoping it would fix the issue, but now I cant sync at all. :-/. I’m in touch with support about it, just wanted to say “me too” on this same problem.

sc
scshrugged

Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:54 am Post

Posted today by AmberV:
As a general note: we've got a 1.1.5 fix in the review phase right now that should fix sync crashing that started with the most recent update. Keep on the lookout for that and install it when you get the chance, then let us know if that didn't resolve it.

viewtopic.php?p=253813#p253813

Also see advice from kewms in the same thread, two posts after.