My iPad doesn't sync with Dropbox anymore, project unavailable if I restore...

St
Stuvland
Platform: iOS

Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:48 am Post

As I started a session, I got an error message saying that my iPad was full (accidentally filled up due to the optimized album downloading full pictures until iPad is full, hard to avoid with 17,000 pics). So I resolved the issue, went back to Scrivener, only to see that the colored chapters now showed no color codes. The colors were still selected in the chapter settings, but didn't display.

I then discovered a far worse problem: When leaving Scrivener, it synced with Dropbox as usual, and confirmed the save, but when I went to my iPhone version to see how that looked, it hadn't synced.

After some testing, it turns out that iPhone syncs as normal, and starting new projects on iPhone leads to that project becoming visible in my Dropbox. When I do the same on iPad, nothing happens. But iPad still confirms my saves like all were in order.

In other words: My full/not (or partially?) locally autosaving iPad seems to have completely corrupted my Scrivener; I now cannot sync anything with Dropbox, new or old projects. Also doesn't display color codes, even though they are still selected. Possibly also other errors that I haven't noticed.

How to fix this?

I could work from my older iPhone sync, but that version is far from recent. I could also transfer the actual chapter text from my iPad to my iPhone using the export function, but then I lose all the iPad metadata for each chapter, plus all my recent research in the Research folder (this can't be exported, as far as I can see).

I would try to delete my iPad app, but not before I have tried all ways to actually keep what is there, so that I can delete/restore, AND sync to get all my text and settings back. Much of it is not in my older iPhone version of my work, sadly.

Help...

Edit: The colored chapters is fixed: the "tint rows" toggle button was turned off automatically when the iPad failed to save locally. The main problem still persists, though: No Dropbox sync.

PS: Also, when opening the project the first time after the save, some new text appeared ("loading index files", or something like that). If that helps diagnosing the issue.

Edit 2:

AND! Just to make matters worse, now my iPhone save refuses to open unless I sync to Dropbox or ignore the sync -- even though I definitely synced it before exiting last time. Also, ..the syncing now doesn't work! For iPhone; a completely unrelated issue than the iPad mishap above. When it rains, it pours.

I can only guess this happened because I altered the project name to "V2", amd then back to normal? Done in the app, weird if THAT would destroy future syncing capabilities..... I'm lost here.

Developers, you have some serious issues here......

Still desperate for good advice.