Crash on iPad Pro

Ch
CharlieB
Platform: Mac

Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:58 pm Post

I just created a new project on my mac, saved it to the default dropbox app/Scrivener folder then tried to sync and each time I try to sync the iOS app crashes. Please help

Ch
CharlieB

Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:25 pm Post

I deleted Scrivener for iOS, reinstalled it and now it is working

mc
mcward63
Platform: Win + iOS

Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:57 am Post

I have been using Scrivener for about a year with no problems but since the last update it crashes on synch with dropbox. I don’t want to delete it as I will loose the best part of a day’s work...

Ro
Robertjm
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS

Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:12 am Post

Adding myself as a "Me Too" comment, only I'm using an iPad 3. This is a bummer because I've been using my iPad in the field and my Windows 10 laptop at home,

Hope they fix it soon!

Ro
Robert Langborn

Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:49 pm Post

mcward63 wrote:I have been using Scrivener for about a year with no problems but since the last update it crashes on synch with dropbox. I don’t want to delete it as I will loose the best part of a day’s work...

Same thing here. I've been syncing between my MacBook Pro and my iPhone 6S without problem, but after working on my iPad I can't sync back to Dropbox without the app crashing.

kewms

Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:10 am Post

As noted in another thread, unlinking and relinking with Dropbox appears to fix the problem in most cases. If you've tried that and it didn't help, please open a support ticket here:
http://www.literatureandlatte.com/contact-us

It is nearly impossible to troubleshoot four different variations of the same issue simultaneously via a forum thread.

Katherine
Scrivener Support Team

Ar
Arkhaiel
Platform: Mac + iOS

Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:11 pm Post

same here. Unlink/link dropbox made a local copy that don't update when re-link and I can't spend that time in every sync, I switch very often between iPad Pro and iMac. I won't use Scrivener on my iPad till the bug is fiixed, I lost 2000 words since yesterday because of this problem.
I opened a support ticket.

Ro
Robert Langborn

Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:09 am Post

Arkhaiel wrote:same here. Unlink/link dropbox made a local copy that don't update when re-link and I can't spend that time in every sync, I switch very often between iPad Pro and iMac. I won't use Scrivener on my iPad till the bug is fiixed, I lost 2000 words since yesterday because of this problem.
I opened a support ticket.

Two things. One, unlinking and delinking Dropbox fixed my issue. Two, I just experienced the same bug on my iPhone. FYI devs.