ios 11 support of "files app"

RD
RDavidson
Platform: Mac + iOS

Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:50 pm Post

kewms wrote:Your posts so far compare SQLite to a ZIP file, but Scrivener does not currently use a ZIP format and has no plans to do so.

Katherine

I was under the impression a ZIP file or similar method of bundling multiple files into one actual file was being considered, as part of allowing Scrivener to work with iOS's Files support.

I guess I was wrong.

kewms
Platform: Mac

Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:48 am Post

RDavidson wrote:
kewms wrote:Your posts so far compare SQLite to a ZIP file, but Scrivener does not currently use a ZIP format and has no plans to do so.

Katherine

I was under the impression a ZIP file or similar method of bundling multiple files into one actual file was being considered, as part of allowing Scrivener to work with iOS's Files support.

I guess I was wrong.

Such a thing has been suggested by some users. It is not under serious consideration by the development team.

Katherine
Scrivener Support Team

se
sero
Platform: Mac

Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:21 am Post

KB wrote:However, there *is* a way to tell Files to download files - it is just really, really well hidden. To do so:

1. Long-press on the file in Files app.

2. Tap "Info" in the black menu that appears.

3. Tap the little blue cloud icon in the info window appears. This actually works and downloads the file, unlike the identical button that appears in the row in Files app.

This works for me, thanks.

For everybody else interested in this, keep in mind that this is a one-way-import, not a sync. The Scrivener project will be copied into Scriveners container on iOS and the project in iCloud Drive will not see the changes made on iOS. It is possible to manually export the project from iOS, though and save it back into iCloud Drive (as a ZIP file).

KB wrote:Although this isn't the worse iOS 11 bug - that would be the completely broken rich text system. :)

This sound bad :(