Where Jaysen tests the patience of Mr Piggy

Jaysen
Platform: Mac + Windows

Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:09 pm Post

pigfender wrote:Dinner will be mashed potatoes with sliced ham, broccoli and piccalilli.

This tells us that cannibalism should be my focus for this NiaD. Right Piggy?
Jaysen

I have a wife and 2 kids that I can only attribute to a wiggle, a giggle, and the realization that she was out of my league so I might as well be happy with her as a friend. 24 years marriage later, I can't imagine life without her. -Me 10/7/09

gr
Platform: Mac + iOS

Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:01 am Post

Fortunately for us all cannibalism is not a genre. Unless plagiarism counts.
Last edited by gr on Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gr : Scrivener user : not affiliated with Lit^Lat
"Nothing, like something, happens anywhere." —Philip Larkin

Jaysen

Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:31 pm Post

gr wrote:Fortunately for us all cannibalism is not an genre. Unless plagiarism counts.

Less as a genre and more as a "make sure there are plenty of pigs eating pork or people eating hamstrings in this" type focus. :)
Jaysen

I have a wife and 2 kids that I can only attribute to a wiggle, a giggle, and the realization that she was out of my league so I might as well be happy with her as a friend. 24 years marriage later, I can't imagine life without her. -Me 10/7/09

pigfender
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS

Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:04 pm Post

If it's spoilers you're after, here's a sneak peak of the cover...
Screenshot 2019-01-03 at 15.01.18.jpg
Screenshot 2019-01-03 at 15.01.18.jpg (84.12 KiB) Viewed 1910 times
"Some dice only have sixes." nom, 19 Oct 2013
"Piggy, I'm beginning to wonder if you are the best person to take advice from." Jaysen, 26 Sept 2014

http://www.pigfender.com | http://www.novelinaday.com

Jaysen

Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:25 pm Post

That looks like the color of slightly old meat so I'm sticking to my "incorporate cannibalism" line.
Jaysen

Fluff
Platform: Mac + iOS

Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:14 pm Post

To me, Its portent is patently obvious, Pangur is in agreement (for once). A picaresque novel, depicting the main protagonist’s rise from the realm of darkness and despair (the lower page) , grovelling to the wants and demands of others, forward and upward, to the light( upper page), and empowering status of self fulfilment, inflicting on others what ‘ere gives her (him?), pleasure and satisfaction.

An odyssey of self discovery, and enlightenment, by a masochist, to her (or his), rightful status as a carpetbagging sadist, comfortably ensconced amid likeminded members of the upper echelons of government.
Happy Niading
Happy New Year to all,
Fluff
Sent from Pangur ban's Astral iPad

Jaysen

Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:25 pm Post

Thank you for your ever keen and terrifying interpretation Madam Fluff. We bow in humble reverence and admiration.
Jaysen