How to snap/align columns of notes to each other?

Lunatique
Platform: Windows

Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:39 pm Post

I've been trying to figure out a way to use Scapple like a virtual index card system, where I can arrange notes in neat columns (each column representing a character or faction in the story). So far, I've been able to use the stack and align features to get close, but the problem I've run into is that there's no way to quickly and neatly snap/align each column of notes to each other, so they are neat side-by-side columns with consistent spacing between columns. There's also no way to "insert" a column of notes between existing columns, and I'd have to manually move all the columns to one side out of way to make room for the new columns. Basically, I have to do it inter-column-related arrangement by hand, moving columns of notes manually, and that is too slow/clunky.

So is there a way to do what I want quickly/easily? If not, can this be added in a future update?

(Before anyone suggests that I use a dedicated virtual index card software instead, I want to clarify that I have tried a whole bunch of them, including the mother of them all, Ashley Software's Writer's Blocks, but they all have various problems with ergonomics that are deal breakers for me.) Scapple comes so close, and if I can get the inter-column arrangement behavior I want, it'd be perfect for my needs.