Forum for using Scr3? is it here? (wondering if we lost the opacity control on composition mode)

rucontent
Platform: Mac

Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:24 pm Post

I really kind of liked the ability to change the transparency of the editor in Scr2. I dont see it in the new one, but i could just be missing somethng thanks.

AmberV
Platform: Mac + Linux

Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:03 pm Post

Did you perhaps lose your backdrop setting in the update? Try going into Project/Project Settings... under Background Images, and reselect your image for the composition mode backdrop. Now can you fade the paper against the background?
.:.
Ioa Petra'ka
“Whole sight, or all the rest is desolation.” —John Fowles

rucontent

Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:09 pm Post

Hello Amber,

I tried what you said and as of yet, I still cannot see a editor transparency control in composition mode.

I'll keep my eye on it and see if its not a setting somewhere or just restarting might help. But it is supposed to be there sounds like.

AmberV

Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:15 pm Post

I'm not sure! It hasn't moved or change at all since v2, that's the confusing thing to me. It's always been that you need a background to fade the paper against, and so when you have a backdrop that slider on the far right bottom controls "Paper Fade".
Ioa Petra'ka

rucontent

Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:57 pm Post

I went in and change things to default for a moment, to reset. Then i got it back. I will try and recreate what i had done and pass it on if it happens again. I have an idea. I think i put a background on editor AND screen background.

thanks for the idea though.

AmberV

Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:06 pm Post

Oh right, I forgot about that combination. If you do have a texture on the "paper" then you can't fade the two. It would probably require using a more complicated library to fade two images together than it would to fade a solid rectangle.
Ioa Petra'ka