Small feature request for my demongraphic

ke
kevinR

Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:07 pm Post

Reading the messages I believe I am not alone is being, basically, older than dirt. Yet i write a lot, long-form, and am so grateful to Scrivener. But Scrivener is not kind to me and my cohorts. I have previously requested styles for note (footnotes), but I want to request that the notes and scratch pad be enlargeable with like the one on the main window that would enlarge the contents of the notes/scratchpad window without changing the actual point size. Let me view notes in 130%, %175, or %200 of the actual print size. This seems like a small thing, but it would make a REAL difference to some of us.

I'll add that I've stopped using Things, a great program, because basically the 20-somethings who run it have in effect said, "bugger off you guys, we love our on-screen design—it's so pretty, and changing the display size would ruin it." Not nice.

Thank you for considering this.

KB
Site Admin
Platform: Mac

Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:28 pm Post

Hi,

You can already do this! Just use the Shift-Cmd-< and > shortcuts while the focus is in those areas, or go to the View > Zoom menu to change the zoom setting.

Hope that helps.

All the best,
Keith
"You can't waltz in here, use my toaster, and start spouting universal truths without qualification."

ke
kevinR

Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:15 pm Post

Wonderful. I couldn't find it in the manual, tho doubtless it is there. But thanks for your reply. This makes life much easier.

Kevin

gr
Platform: Mac + iOS

Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:01 am Post

Glad this worked out, but I confess that I came here hoping to see that demongraphic. :oops:
gr : Scrivener user : not affiliated with Lit^Lat
"Nothing, like something, happens anywhere." —Philip Larkin