[Feature Request] - Bubbles within Bubbles plus

JD
JDEvolutionist
Platform: Mac + Windows

Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:57 am Post

This is a really excellent piece of software - very intuitive. The ability to dictate notes (hidden in appendix B) is great. This must catch on big time. :D :D :D

1. Probably quite a step but it would be good if it were to be possible to select a set of notes and then had the option of dragging them over another bubble and, rather than just causing a link, could incorporate them into the other bubble - say by dragging while holding Shift-Ctrl.

2. In terms of presentation it would be nice if you could turn on a 'snap to grid' feature to get individual notes to align as they are created or alternatively if when moving a note you could select to have a big cross hairs cursor displayed that could be used to assist in placement of notes on the page.

KB
Site Admin
Platform: Mac

Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:47 pm Post

Thanks for the kind words!

Regarding bubbles within bubbles, have you tried using background shapes? This is what they are for. Select some notes and use New > Background Shape Around Selection. Background shapes are the same as notes except they don't have any text associated with them, and can contain notes and other shapes.

"Snap to Grid" is a bit out of scope at the moment, I'm afraid, as the idea is that it's totally freeform rather than rigid and presentational, beyond the current alignment options.

Thanks again and all the best,
Keith
"You can't waltz in here, use my toaster, and start spouting universal truths without qualification."

TC
TCole

Wed May 29, 2013 8:14 pm Post

I too am loving Scapple. It's precisely the kind of story outlining/planning tool I've always wanted! It's like you folks read my mind.

I would like to throw in another vote for a snap-to grid feature, though. Or perhaps something like the "clean up" command for desktop icons.

The free-form process is perfect, but sometimes it gets a little messy after a while, and an optional feature like this would allow a quick way to tidy up.

Cheers!
Hear the voices of Canadian literature at http://www.authorsaloud.com