Scapple - New Beta Available (Updated 19/03/13)

jo
joaovc
Platform: Mac

Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:07 pm Post

Thanks for your great work! Love the new icon :)

KB
Site Admin

Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:35 pm Post

joaovc wrote:Love the new icon :)

Thanks! Glad you like the icon - icons never please everybody, but I really like it. Kudos to Janik Baumgartner, our icon designer, for that one.

All the best,
Keith
"You can't waltz in here, use my toaster, and start spouting universal truths without qualification."

sh
shari

Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:37 pm Post

Love the new look.

I had created new note styles in the previous version and overwritten all of the supplied notes. After I downloaded the new beta I used the "Import Note" feature to import the notes from the most recent time I'd worked with Scapple. The note names imported, but the characteristics (color, shape, border, etc.) did not. All of the notes now have the correct name, but all of them are in the default configuration.

Fortunately I have a hard copy of what the notes are to look like, but it means reprogramming the notes all over again.

KB
Site Admin

Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:58 pm Post

Was it you who sent the exception report? If so, I have already contacted you asking for the problematic file. I'm not entirely sure I follow, though, given that the note styles are part of the document, so nothing should have changed there. Perhaps you could give more thorough details?

Thanks and all the best,
Keith
"You can't waltz in here, use my toaster, and start spouting universal truths without qualification."

il
ilottg

Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:21 am Post

KB wrote:Scapple 0.9.0.3 beta build 3427 uploaded, with extended expiry date of 30th April 2013.

Sorry Keith, I must be going ga-ga in my old age :cry:

Where do I find the link to the new beta? I can only see links to the old version.

Regards,

GI

MimeticMouton
Platform: Mac + Windows

Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:39 am Post

The link in the first post of this thread is for the latest version; you should see the date 260213 at the end of the file name.
Jennifer Hughes
(MM for short)

il
ilottg

Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:56 am Post

Thank you!

And yes, a very appropriate icon. Well done.

GI :D

AmberV
Platform: Mac + Linux

Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:36 am Post

Thanks! :)
.:.
Ioa Petra'ka
“Whole sight, or all the rest is desolation.” —John Fowles

ptram

Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:35 am Post

I really like the new beta. The magnetic bounding shape is very well conceived, and the way it can be created around selected notes is fantastic. I love how easy it is to include or extract notes from a group, and how you can connect groups of notes.

I see Scapple continuing to grow, without becoming less clear than it was at the very beginning.

Paolo

Ne
Neni

Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:26 pm Post

Wow. Just downloaded Scrapple this morning and within a few hours of playing with it, I could use it! Woo hoo!

This instruction

Holding both Option and Command down while double-clicking to create a new note when there is a selection now creates a note with a two-way arrow connection; holding down Shift and Command creates a note pointing back towards the selected note.

works opposite for me. i.e. Shift and Command gives two-way arrow, Option and Command gives arrow pointing back.

Thank you. Mind-mapping programs intimidated and confused me, this is exactly what I need.

Ka
Kalus

Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:03 pm Post

Neni wrote:Shift and Command gives two-way arrow, Option and Command gives arrow pointing back.

Same here.

I have a feature request, as well. It would be really helpful if you could "focus" on a node and it's children down to X number of branches. For instance, if a person clicked and held a node, everything else would fade, except for the descendants of that branch. Does that make sense? Let me know if you'd like me to mock it up.

MimeticMouton
Platform: Mac + Windows

Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:16 pm Post

From the initial post, regarding the 26.02.13 beta:

KB wrote:The shortcut keys are now more consistent: to create a dotted line connection, drag one note on another, or double-click to create a new note while holding down Command; to create an arrow from the old note to the new note, drag from one to the other holding down Option, or double-click to create a new note holding down option; to create a backward arrow, drag from one note to another or double-click to create a new note while holding down Option+Command; to create two arrows, drag from one note to another or double-click to create a new note while holding down Shift+Command.

So, this is the expected behaviour. :) The other documentation may just not have caught up yet, it being beta.
Jennifer Hughes
(MM for short)

Yg
Ygdrasill

Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:10 pm Post

Hi and Can you Help??

I'm trying to download and open the zip for Scapple (the updated on on 26th Feb 2013) and it won't let me open it. It says the file can't be read. I'm using my MacBook Air and Scrivener works fine on it, but it just won't let me open the Scapple zip. Can you help?

Ygdrasill

AmberV
Platform: Mac + Linux

Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:31 pm Post

Can you unzip other files? If not, it sounds like your unzip program is jammed up. Try repairing permissions and rebooting, then trying again.
.:.
Ioa Petra'ka
“Whole sight, or all the rest is desolation.” —John Fowles

Yg
Ygdrasill

Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:07 pm Post

Thank you so much for replying... yes I can open other zips no problem. It's just this one with Scapple. I've just tried to download the thing again and now the link on the website to the zip doesn't work either.