Scapple and other platforms (iOS, Windows etc)

lz
lzvolk
Platform: Mac

Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:19 pm Post

I just registered here to add votes for Scapple in iPad format. More scientists (and MD's) are using mobile devices now: in the field, at the lab bench, in lectures, at the desk, on planes, at bedside, even in the dark on microscopes. Scapple is like a mini white board, which often functions as the brain outside our cranium. Research scientists are also writers (not always by choice). I can foresee Scapple on iPad and Scrivener on lap/desktop being the ultimate tools for scientists (and all writers!) I will be waiting for an iPad Scapple app! (i.e. I'm begging ;)

ptram

Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:03 pm Post

As a temporary replacement of Scapple for iOS, I would suggest MagicalPad, in addition to the aforementioned iThought HD. It is not as immediate as Scapple (for example, you have first to double-tap to create a note, and then double-tap to write into it, and creating links requires accessing to a dedicated menu), but with a few touches more it can serve for similar tasks. Being less immediate and more convoluted than needed, makes it less optimal for free thinking than Scapple.

Paolo

lu
lucaf
Platform: Windows

Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:12 pm Post

Dear all,

I am a very very happy user of Scrivener, I use it everyday on Windows.
I look forward to use also Scapple on Windows.
At the moment I use Mindmanager but I need something that frees me from the concept of mindmapping.
I need a Scapple valid alternative while waiting for Scapple....is there anything that could be used in the meanwhile under Windows?
I tried MS OneNote but really I need something simpler, straightforward, fast....or, if nothing, I will wait for Scapple keeping on using my Moleskine notebook.
Thanks in advance!!!

KB
Site Admin

Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:40 am Post

If you're looking for something like Scapple on Windows, watch this space. ;)
"You can't waltz in here, use my toaster, and start spouting universal truths without qualification."

Ph
Philipp
Platform: Mac + Windows

Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:50 pm Post

Watching :mrgreen:

Scapple has completely increased my productivity. Being able to use the same scapples on mac or windows would be :shock: 8)

And Scapple on my iPad .... woooo, total climax :mrgreen:

KB
Site Admin

Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:24 am Post

Scapple for Windows and Scrivener for iPad first, then we'll see what we can do about Scapple for iPad. :)
"You can't waltz in here, use my toaster, and start spouting universal truths without qualification."

Ph
Philipp
Platform: Mac + Windows

Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:30 am Post

Yeahh! :D :D :D

lu
lucaf

Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:24 pm Post

Is there any idea about the date of the release of Scapple for Windows?
Since I discovered Scrivenere I can't write without it, so I assume that it will be the same for Scapple too.
So please....be so kind to release it asap, I will buy it the day after the release......
Sincerely,

KB
Site Admin

Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:45 pm Post

We can't give a date of release yet, but we're not *too* far away from a public beta...

lu
lucaf

Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:49 pm Post

Fantastic to hear!
Ciao!

Ma
Martie

Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:12 pm Post

Is it possible to sign up for beta testing?

KB
Site Admin

Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:22 am Post

You won't need to, because it will be a public beta. :)

Ma
Martie

Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:37 pm Post

Duh! Was a bit overeager, nê.

AmberV
Platform: Mac + Linux

Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:11 am Post

Just in case anyone is subscribed to this post, but nothing else, you might want to head on over to the brand new Scapple for Windows Beta forum.
.:.
Ioa Petra'ka
“Whole sight, or all the rest is desolation.” —John Fowles

sc
schakwin

Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:22 am Post

Well Keith -
It's often said that the reward for good work is more work. Now you've found the right iOS developer (who turned out to be you) and have Scrivener for iPad up to alpha, maybe it's time to take another look at whether the time is getting to be right for Scapple for iOS. I should probably qualify that as iPad because I think that even the biggest Apple phone screens aren't big enough for it, but I'm circling around an iPad Pro and think that Scapple would be a really nice took on it.

I'm not always patient with people who want to tell me what to do with my time but don't want to pay me to do it and I don't expect much patience from others when the roles are reversed, but it might be a nice thing to turn to. I would buy it in a heartbeat (and my heartbeat is pretty quick).

Best,

Stephen