Web Based Version

pg
pgafinch
Platform: Mac

Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:16 pm Post

Long time user of Scrivner. I use Mac and Windows. I have 3.0 on my Mac and will look forward to 3.0 on Windows. We have dealt with different versions on Windows & Mac for years. I would hope that one day there could be a web based version that I could access files on any computer that had Internet access. A reasonable monthly subscription could be charged that cover application maintenance and file storage. This type of Internet app would eliminate (for me) all future Mac and Windows versions and cover file sharing between Mac and Windows.

Thanks for listening. Thanks for your continued efforts to bring us a high quality writing tool.
Pastor Mick

kewms
Platform: Mac

Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:51 pm Post

There are no plans for a web-based version of Scrivener at this time. -- Katherine
Scrivener Support Team

lunk
Platform: Mac + iOS

Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:15 pm Post

pgafinch wrote:Long time user of Scrivner. I use Mac and Windows. - - - I would hope that one day there could be a web based version that I could access files on any computer that had Internet access.

How do you imagine a web based version would handle the multi-file format of Scrivener projects? Do you know if there is any web based app that handles multi-file packages stored on a computers hard drive?
I am a user, writing non-fiction and science, using:
* Mac Scrivener 3 on a Macbook 12”, MacBook Pro 13”, and iMac 27”, all running the latest MacOS
* iOS Scrivener 1 on an iPhone 8, iPad Air 9.7”, and iPad Pro 12.9”, all running the latest iOS

Am
Amcmo
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS

Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:43 am Post

A web version has been discussed a number of times and Keith's response has always been, 'not planned'. It takes significant resources to provide web based software.

The VERY LIBERAL L&L licence allows you to install on all your home systems, and Scricvenr works great with Dropbox, so I find that wherever I am, I have one of my MB/MBP or iPad Pro able to access the Dropbox files from anywhere.

That's about as close as you will get for the forseeable futuire.