Screenwriting Menu Commands

RM
RMDanks
Platform: Mac

Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:11 am Post

If you click on the tab on the bottom right of the screen, you can pull up the screenwriting menu that allows you to hit a single letter to change the format. Unfortunately, if you bring up this same menu by hitting "Enter" twice, you can't hit a letter to reformat, but have to use arrows to select an element.

Would it be possible to add the letter selection method to the pop-up screenwriting menu that happens when you hit "Enter" on a blank line?

KB
Site Admin

Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:23 pm Post

I'm afraid this isn't possible, because Apple's text system passes any letter you type directly to the editor, and there's no way for me to intercept it at that point.

All the best,
Keith
"You can't waltz in here, use my toaster, and start spouting universal truths without qualification."

RM
RMDanks

Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:41 pm Post

Well, how about an easy keyboard command to open the tab at the bottom if the page, which would then allow us to use the letters to select the appropriate element?

Is that possible?

AmberV
Platform: Mac + Linux

Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:46 pm Post

That menu can be brought up with ⇧⌘Y. When not using scriptwriting mode, the same shortcut brings up a Style menu.
.:.
Ioa Petra'ka
“Whole sight, or all the rest is desolation.” —John Fowles

br
brookter

Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:34 pm Post

Just to add that the standard 'Style' shortcuts cmd-opt-NUMBER also work for the script elements when you're in scriptwriting mode — in the order that they're displayed in the cmd-shift-y popup. After you've got used to the order, this is probably the quickest way of selecting elements (when the automatic tab / enter suggestions aren't appropriate).

RM
RMDanks

Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:03 am Post

Oh! I didn't know a command already existed. Thanks! I'll give that a go and see how it works.