Keywords in iOS version

Ar
Arkhaiel
Platform: Mac + iOS

Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:38 am Post

Hello !

First of all, I just want to say I can’t be more excited about Scrivener 3. This version brings everything I needed, and much more. Beautiful design, amazing features, it’s a great job and it’s been 2 days I enjoy myself discovering the features !

Keywords management is great. Is it possible to integrate them in the iOS version ? Basically the ability to add/modify keywords, and maybe some cool feature like displaying all files that match a keyword...?

Thanks a lot ! Thanks for everything you brought in my young writer life.
Love !

KB
Site Admin
Platform: Mac

Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:58 pm Post

Hi,

Many thanks for your very kind words! Very much appreciated.

There are no plans to bring keywords to iOS at the moment, but that doesn't mean never, of course. The main problem is how they would work in the UI. There isn't as much room to show them on index cards, and there is no room to show them in the outliner (unless, I suppose, they appeared beneath title and synopsis as coloured dots or something like that). There would need to be a keywords manager that was hierarchical like the macOS version, an easy way of assigning keywords and somewhere to display the keywords in the UI that was meaningful. So it's a bit of a challenge given all of the other features there and the limited screen estate and number of buttons possible on iOS.

Thanks again!
All the best,
Keith
"You can't waltz in here, use my toaster, and start spouting universal truths without qualification."

de
derick

Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:30 pm Post

I’d like to see this too. For note taking / reference / collecting odd scraps etc. a keyword (I.e. tag) based organization has a lot of advantages over fixed folder hierarchies.

Re UI keyword selection and viewing. could just come in as a sliding panel, replacing the binder.

The option to create smart folders / groups based on keywords (or even just to have folders by keyword which include every document with that keyword) would be helpful.