Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:08 am Post
Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:36 am Post
Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:18 am Post
Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:21 pm Post
Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:27 pm Post
Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:49 pm Post
Amcmo wrote:That may be an option for those selected for the beta program. For most users one would guess another 6-12 months.
Meanwhile for those who can’t/don’t want to wait, a solid option. Late 2012 i5 Mini on eBay at good prices - upgradable, solid, reliable.
The Literature and Latte Official Blog wrote:However! The good news is that the more intrepid among you don’t have to wait until 2018 to try Scrivener 3 for Windows. We’ll be releasing an early access beta of Scrivener 3 for Windows on the same day that Scrivener 3 for macOS is released for sale. Anybody who owns Scrivener 1 will be able to run the beta (although it will initially be a work in progress with missing features, which is why I say it’s for the more intrepid). The Windows beta will also allow cross-platform users to upgrade their Mac version and continue to work between platforms with the updated file format.
Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:03 am Post
Amcmo wrote:Meanwhile, being really cheeky, invest those Benjamin’s on a second hand Mac Mini or MBP and get V3 in the next few (fingers crossed) weeks.
Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:18 am Post
Can I connect a 32" 4K monitor and four 24" 1440p monitors to a MAC mini or MBP?
I'm kind of used to having 23 million pixel wall in front of me.
More seriously, I don't have time to learn the Apple OS, or any desire to set up shop in Apple's increasingly walled garden. It's not to my taste. And I'm willing to try the Windows Beta, that was great news and removes the need for this thread.
Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:36 pm Post
Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:04 pm Post
Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:13 am Post
Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:38 am Post
Writemood wrote:Thank you for that informative and helpful post about Windows development, Keith. Perhaps, you can help clarify a few things that will help me decide my best course. Here are some assumptions that I have about the upcoming Windows Beta:
- The file structure and/or file formats will undergo changes, from version 1.9.7 to 3.0.
- These changes will require that existing 1.9.7 projects be imported into Scrivener 3 for working on them there.
- Projects in Scrivener 3 will need to be Saved As 1.9.7 projects to work on them in the current Scrivener. Of course, any features unique to Scrivener 3 will be lost in this conversion.
- As with most Beta software, it will be recommended that one does NOT work with real data, using the Beta version. Rather, the Beta version will be intended for debugging and fine-tuning. So, Beta users risk losing real work if a bug should clobber a project.
Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:55 am Post
In total there are 9 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 9 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 1048 on Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:07 pm
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests