First impressions using version 3 beta (Windows)

ty
typewritermonkey
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS

Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:59 pm Post

Congratulations, the GUI/design looks really beautiful - I honestly *cough* think it looks better than the macOS version, which is something I never thought I'd say about a Windows program. I can potentially see this outselling its macOS sibling.

It's nice to see sharp text (I'm using a Quad HD Dell XPS) although the dropdown menu arrows and template file images are still pixelated (I'm not complaining this is still a beta and the visual brush up probably comes near the end).

A couple of other things, which you are probably aware of: the default text size on new files in the Editor reverts to 100% even if you set it to, say, 120% in settings, and the sidebar button doesn't toggle open and closed (you have to use the dropdown selection, or the keyboard shortcut, which is a lot slower).

I can't wait to use this once its out of beta (in conjunction with the macOS and iOS apps)! It's a really great job all round, and refreshing to see something looking as good as a macOS app on Windows.

Sanguinius
Platform: Windows

Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:09 pm Post

If you haven't already, I would suggest creating posts in the Beta Testing forum for each of the bugs you've listed here, so that they can be officially logged.

garpu
Platform: Linux

Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:33 pm Post

I haven't had time to really poke yet, with Thanksgiving and all, but it's generally been pretty smooth. I do wish that the tutorial showed which icons you're looking for, since I don't know the new ones, yet, but it's kind of a picky detail. The 3.0 beta seems to be smoother than the 1.0 beta. :)
Slackware 64-bit 14.2, XFCE

OwenKelly
Platform: Win + iOS

Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:33 am Post

Hi,

Sorry if this is a silly question but I have yet to find a link where I can download Beta 3. Can someone point me towards the link so that I can add something intelligent to the discussion :D

Thanks
Owen

devinganger
Platform: Mac + Windows

Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:41 am Post

Try this topic:

viewtopic.php?f=57&t=40621

Look for the hyperlink at the bottom of the post.
--
Devin L. Ganger
Devin on Earth: http://www.devinonearth.com/
Plotter on the streets, pantser in the sheets

OwenKelly
Platform: Win + iOS

Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:43 am Post

Got it, and I have also bookmarked that topic to refer back to.

Many thanks Devon!