Update for Dictionary soon?

Re
Reylliam
Platform: Windows

Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:25 am Post

Hi,

I am just checking if there is any update on the Scrivener's supplied (American) English dictionary. I do enjoy the software for the most part, but one issue that keeps being a habitual annoyance is the fact that it keeps telling me legitimate words are not words. I have no issue having to append the made-up words from my fictional world, but when I am told that valid words are incorrect on a repeated basis, it does distract me from focusing on generating content. (I have validated these are all legitimate words through dictionary.com.)

In the two months I have had the software, I have had to add around 50 valid, ordinary words to the list, as below. Well, they may not be totally mainstream, but they are not unheard of in the fantasy (swords & sorcery) genre, such as in the case of dwarves, golem, teleport, etc. In case there is a chance there could be an update to have your dictionary vendor add these, please do so that future users needn't suffer the pain. (Words in parentheses are additional forms of the base word that should not be ignored, such as plurals, noun or adjective forms of verbs, or verb endings.)

It seems one trait is that the dictionary supplier insists on using anglicized plurals of Latin/Greek singular words; for example: automata and mausolea are not included in the supplied dictionary, but automatons and mausoleums are. However, it is not incorrect to use the native plurals instead of the anglicized plurals, and both should be allowed to be validated. Can this please be suggested to them?

Thanks,
Jason

accelerant (accelerants)
    alchemically
    automata
    axe
    blonde
    coolheadedness
    demonically
    disc (discs)
    disownment
    dreamscape (dreamscapes)
    druidic
    dwarves
    fiancée
    fundament (fundaments)
    girly
    golem (golems)
    groundskeeper
    handbell (handbells)
    hierarch (hierarchs)
    hospitaler (hospitalers)
    imbuement (imbuements)
    impactful
    mage (mages, archmage, archmages)
    mana
    mausolea
    millennia
    mitre (mitres)
    multiverse (multiverses)
    orangish
    pennyroyal (pennyroyals)
    prepend (prepended, prepends, prepending)
    proven
    rainforest (rainforests)
    raptor (raptors)
    recordkeeping
    rulership (rulerships)
    ruly
    sermonizer (sermonizers)
    shorn
    staves
    subdual
    teensy
    teleport (teleported, teleports, teleporting, teleportation, teleporter)
    unbraided
    vertices
    vowless