Windows Snapshot Compare...?

db
dbocook
Platform: Windows

Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:48 pm Post

Do we know when Windows is going to get Snap Shot compare? That's all I want. Screw the other gizmo's and stuff...Scrivener is 99% perfect for me, that 1% off is because there is no Snapshot Compare like they have for Mac. Is it ever coming? Is there a Beta version I can get that will have it?

If it is there, I can't see it, so if someone does have it and I don't...I'd like to figure out why mine doesn't (My version of Scrivener is up to date...so I should be good on that front.)

br
broadsides

Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:23 pm Post

A quote from the mods...

" IIRC, the goal is for WinScriv 3 to match the features of MacScriv 3.

Katherine
Scrivener Support Team "

A quote from NASA
-Goals outlined by NASA- NASA is developing the capabilities needed to send humans to an asteroid by 2025 and Mars in the 2030s –

The race is on...

se
seko111

Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:57 am Post

Yes, snapshot compare for Windows, yes please, now, yes, please.
Bump. +1. Like. Upvote. DOO EET!

ti
tigranigra

Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:28 pm Post

Additionally, I want to point out that the snapshot feature is near to useless without a compare feature. Why would you make a snapshot in the first place? Because you want a revision! Why do you want a revision? Because you are not sure if there isn't a better way to express your thoughts. So maybe you write a shortened revision of a chapter - and a lengthy one. But to finally decide, you need to find the difference.

Do you really want us to copy the text and revisions of a chapter to an external 'diff' utility for the foreseeable future, while the lucky Mac guys have it all in one place?