Grammar/Spell checker for Scrivener for Windows

Br
Briar Kit
Platform: Mac

Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:54 pm Post

[Deleted]
Last edited by Briar Kit on Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Li
LinnyP
Platform: Windows

Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:58 pm Post

Oh damn you scrivener people! I was having so much fun with the insults! *shakes fist*

Li
LinnyP

Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:08 pm Post

I wrote this post about 'Brian'whathisface continuing his repugnant self-pleasuring of his opinion from afar and saving me having to scroll past his boring long posts... But no, it disappeared. *sigh*

It was a misunderstanding in that you made a big fuss over a mini vent.

I am done with this thread too but I am always happy to keep trolling if either you or angry lurker want to keep it up. :D

Good evening/day.

Lo
LongTermLurker101
Platform: Mac + Linux

Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:20 pm Post

LinnyP wrote:I am always happy to keep trolling
Last edited by LongTermLurker101 on Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sh
shass

Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:31 pm Post

Someone needs to grow up. There is no long term lurker. Starting an alias to post when you are already registered and posting is immature. The silly miss spelling of Brian instead of Briar does not impress. How about using the forum for its actual purpose.

vic-k
Platform: Mac + Windows
Location: Protesting in the nude, outside ex Red Lion TESCO Store

Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:30 pm Post

LongTermLurker101 wrote:and rosie?
have seen vic-k use that one
A point of order, there, young Lurker!! A point of order!!
Tis only, 'Rosie' when she's being devilish. But when she's behaving like a Goddess ... it's 'Rose'Image

And darling Linny is only making up for lost opportunities. :twisted:
As a professional, you, are your one and only asset. Without integrity you are worthless, but with it, you are priceless.

Li
LinnyP

Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:38 pm Post

shass wrote:Someone needs to grow up. There is no long term lurker. Starting an alias to post when you are already registered and posting is immature. The silly miss spelling of Brian instead of Briar does not impress. How about using the forum for its actual purpose.

I can't speak for the above, since I've no idea what they are referring to, or care for that matter.

For my part in the sniping, I apologise to everyone else. I didn't bother filtering my response as I normally do.

FWIW: I really do appreciate everyone who took the time to respond kindly and were helpful. I'll have a closer look at the links referenced at a later point when I'm in the mood and have the patience to tinker about with Scrivener. Maybe I'll have a better impression then.

Um
Umairee95

Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:19 pm Post

You can try ProWritingAid. It's one of the most comprehensive tools out there too. You might find this guide useful. It covers pretty much every tool out there.

tomofnz

Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:31 am Post

MSWord has a blue underline for compound word suggestions and for missing comma suggestions. It has a brown dotted line for problems like redundancy (or just weird errors). After writing in PC Scrivener, and porting over to Word, I have noticed that MSWord feature is very nice. A downside is that double words, such as as this, get red-lined like regular spelling mistakes. If they were better highlighted it would be more user friendly.

It would be awesome if Scrivener caught up on writing style checking,
What is the best third party tool to track grammar with Scrivener? Personally I'd prefer robust inline tools because I also use iPad version alongside PC Version.