Question regarding the trial and laptop

Ne
NetshaX
Platform: Windows

Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:32 am Post

I am currently trying the trial for Scrivener on one of my laptops, I want to get the full version after the trial on a different computer. My question is if there is any way I can transfer the work I have on one computer to another, I would love to know as soon as possible. Thanks.

Sanguinius

Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:57 am Post

You don't lose your work when the trial ends, and you can have it on multiple computers, if you want -- the license allows for installing on more than one machine at once.

Ne
NetshaX

Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:02 pm Post

Sanguinius wrote:You don't lose your work when the trial ends, and you can have it on multiple computers, if you want -- the license allows for installing on more than one machine at once.

Yes, but that's not really answering my question, I want to know if its possible to transfer my trial work I've done to another laptop when I get the software on this other computer.

br
brookter
Platform: Mac

Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:17 pm Post

Sanguinus' answer does give you what you need to know though:

Your 'work' is kept in a Scrivener project folder -- one for each project -- entirely separately from the program files. This project folder is transferable, and sharable, across any other Windows machine — in exactly the same ways you can transfer any user folder to another machine, so there will be no problems doing what you want to do.

In fact, because the licence is per household, you can even work on the same project folder (in Dropbox say) from two or more computers (as long as you don't actually open the project at the same time) — the licence allows you to install the program files on any Windows computer in your household.

HTH.

lunk
Platform: Mac + iOS

Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:22 pm Post

You can save the project as a zip-file from within Scrivener and then move it with e.g a usb stick. Or you can save the zip file in any cloud service you use. Or you can save the whole project in your dropbox folder and then simply open it from the other computer, after making sure that the project has been uploaded and downloaded to/from the dropbox server.
I am a user, writing non-fiction and science, using:
* Mac Scrivener 3 on a Macbook 12”, MacBook Pro 13”, and iMac 27”, all running the latest MacOS
* iOS Scrivener 1 on an iPhone 8, iPad Air 9.7”, and iPad Pro 12.9”, all running the latest iOS

Ne
NetshaX

Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:14 pm Post

Oh, okay. Thank you for the information! I appreciate it. I'm glad that's possible.