Possible to change highlighter default color?

TM
TMC
Platform: Mac + Windows

Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:39 pm Post

My highlighter defaults to this ghastly greenish yellow color. How can I change the default to a different color?

Bridey
Platform: Mac

Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:15 pm Post

This applies to macOS. Don't know if it is the same in Windows.

Click and hold the colour swatch to open the colour palette. Select the colour you want and Scrivener *should* remember that colour until you choose to change it again.

Colour Palette.png
Colour Palette.png (100.9 KiB) Viewed 128 times

DavidR
Platform: Windows

Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:04 pm Post

TMC wrote:My highlighter defaults to this ghastly greenish yellow color. How can I change the default to a different color?

I know what you mean! It's possible to change the color by right-clicking on the highlight button, and that selection will remain during the current session of the current project. But in a different project, or in the same project after closing and reopening Scrivener, the color reverts to the icky default.

In the Windows program, under Tools > Options > Appearance there is a dialog for selecting colors in various areas of the program. But I looked pretty hard and couldn't find one for the highlighter! That's surprising, but it seems to be the situation. If someone else can point it out, I'll be glad too!
David
Scrivener for Windows Version 1.9.7
Windows 7 Pro 64-bit

What's the difference between a free lance and a loose cannon?