Select Whole Manuscript to change Font/Spacing/Etc.

RB
RBBD
Platform: Windows

Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:40 pm Post

I have a novel with parts, chapters, and scenes.
I wish to select my whole Manuscript to change Font/Spacing/Etc. for it all.
Is there an easy way
I need to get it selected with the Font in the toolbar not grayed out so I can set the font for the whole manuscript.
All help much appreciated!

br
brookter
Platform: Mac

Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:45 pm Post

On the Mac V2 you can simply select them all in the Binder, then click in the Editor, select all the text and make the changes once.

You can't do that in Windows — yet... it should be here in V3 for Windows next year.

In the meantime you can use the Convert text to default formatting process.

Basically, you set up one document with exactly the format you want, then, with that document still selected, go to Tools > Options and the panel with the dummy text box (sorry -- I don't use Windows, but it's called Editor or Formatting, can never remember which — it's obvious...). Tick the box which says something like 'Use Current Editors settings'. This will make the current document's formatting the default for all new documents.

Then highlight all the documents you want to change and select Documents > Convert > Convert to default text formatting (again, wording may not be exact.) You'll be asked a series of questions about what it is you want to change.

This is non-returnable process, so test it a couple of times before you do it for real...

HTH.