Bad HTML generated for bullet list, also appears as numbered list KF8/MOBI compile, Scrivener 3.0.1

thomasalmy
Platform: Mac

Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:04 pm Post

Sorry if this has already been reported.

The line in a BULLET list looks like this in Scrivener:
bullet.jpg
bullet.jpg (29.02 KiB) Viewed 706 times

when compiled looks like this:
1. style =" color: #000000" > • Registers seen by the programmer:

The list starts with an ol tag with the generated html being broken, looking like this:

Code: Select all

<li>style=&quot;color: #000000&quot;&gt; • Registers seen by the programmer:</span></li>

thomasalmy

Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:28 am Post

I'm even more confused today! I realized that bullet lists worked fine before, just not in text section that I just started writing in (it was empty and imported from Scrivener 2). I happened to notice that the tab stops in the ruler were different in this section than in the others with working bullet lists. So I did a copy formatting, paste formatting into the new section, removed and recreated the lists. Other text sections, imported from Scrivener 2 or not, appear fine. It's just this one. I'm feeling a bit uneasy.

KB
Site Admin

Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:27 pm Post

This should already be fixed for the next update, as I found a bug that would cause this a week or two ago. However, if you can make a sample project available then I can double-check that my fix does indeed address this.

Thanks and all the best,
Keith
"You can't waltz in here, use my toaster, and start spouting universal truths without qualification."

thomasalmy

Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:40 pm Post

This will show the problem:

bulletbug.scriv.zip
(285.85 KiB) Downloaded 44 times

KB
Site Admin

Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:51 pm Post

Thanks. This works fine in my 3.0.2 build, so I can confirm that this is fixed for the next update.

All the best,
Keith
"You can't waltz in here, use my toaster, and start spouting universal truths without qualification."