Tab titles mixed up on restart

su
susannah
Platform: Mac

Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:45 pm Post

I usually have three projects open in separate tabs (Scriv v. 3.0.1 / Mac OS 10.13.2). On a few occasions recently, other software I have been using (whilst Scrivener is open) has frozen, requiring a forced restart of my Mac.
Scrivener reopens with the three projects in tabs, but the titles are all jumbled up, e.g. the heading on Tab 1 will say it contains Project B, but is actually Project C, etc. The only way I have found to resolve this is to close each project in turn, restart Scrivener and then open each project individually again.
It's not a huge issue - more annoying is the other software causing crashes! - but thought I'd report it anyway.

KB
Site Admin

Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:56 pm Post

Weird! Unfortunately this sounds like a macOS bug, however, because Scrivener has no control over the tab titles. All I can do in code is say, "add these windows to a tab group". It's then up to macOS to show the tabs and add the titles, so I don't think this is something I can fix on my end, I'm sorry to say.

All the best,
Keith
"You can't waltz in here, use my toaster, and start spouting universal truths without qualification."

su
susannah

Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:07 pm Post

Ah, okay. Thanks for the reply.