Issues with section types

ro
rotational
Platform: Mac

Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:37 pm Post

I've been experiencing a bit of a headache in trying to set up section types for a new project. It's a pretty complicated editing job with many individual files and various section levels, and I'd like the new automatic section structuring system to take care of it. But as much as I *think* I've set them up correctly in Project Settings, they're being recognised wrongly. Specifically, files seem to be taking the settings I've given folders, and the levels aren't being applied correctly. I made a video to demonstrate here:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=136wpx ... nEbATVjrK5

Any idea what's going wrong?

KB
Site Admin

Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:51 am Post

Hi,

Have you been using the "Default Subdocument Type" for folders at all? This overrides settings in the Project Settings area. Try Ctrl-clicking on "Enix" and "Dragon Quest" - is the "Default Subdocument Type" set for those folders? If so, that would explain the result you are seeing.

Please feel free to zip up the project and either attach it here or email it to support for my attention if you'd like me to take a look at the project, though.

All the best,
Keith
"You can't waltz in here, use my toaster, and start spouting universal truths without qualification."

ro
rotational

Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:24 am Post

Oh! That was it entirely! I'd overlooked that setting, assuming it was simply indicating the calculated section. Thanks so much! (And apologies for identifying as a bug - prevaricated several times over putting in Tech Support..)

(Scrivener 3 is fantastic, by the way. Many of the subtle tweaks are making this project a lot smoother to work on. Thank you!)

KB
Site Admin

Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:47 pm Post

Glad that helped! And many thanks for the kind words!

All the best,
Keith
"You can't waltz in here, use my toaster, and start spouting universal truths without qualification."