"Make Link" not working with Umlaut in URL

Ha
Harald
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:25 pm
Platform: Mac
Location: Bremen (Germany)
Contact:

Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:40 pm Post

Scrivener 3.0 (75):

At least in editor window and quick reference window "Make Link" doesn't create a link when there is a German diaeresis (ä, ö, ü) in the URL, like so:

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rückschaufehler

If I change this to (a German syntactically correct)

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rueckschaufehler,

"Make Link" works, but of course it breaks the URL.

Cheers, and thanks for Scrivener! Saves my life.

Harald

User avatar
Bridey
Posts: 182
Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:24 pm
Platform: Mac

Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:53 pm Post

I tried this and it works: the link is generated and opens.

Looks like this...

Link.jpg
Link.jpg (63.75 KiB) Viewed 81 times

Ha
Harald
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:25 pm
Platform: Mac
Location: Bremen (Germany)
Contact:

Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:01 pm Post

That's "Edit"->"Add Link...".

Confirmed, works. Thank you very much!

User avatar
Bridey
Posts: 182
Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:24 pm
Platform: Mac

Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:03 pm Post

Harald wrote:That's "Edit"->"Add Link...".

Confirmed, works. Thank you very much!


Joy!

User avatar
KB
Site Admin
Posts: 19178
Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:23 pm
Platform: Mac
Location: Truro, Cornwall
Contact:

Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:33 pm Post

I've fixed this for the next update.

Thanks and all the best,
Keith
"You can't waltz in here, use my toaster, and start spouting universal truths without qualification."